translate

Saturday 31 March 2018

THE MEANING OF EASTER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon from this very gloomy Saturday in the UK. Yesterday was a really odd evening. Our Son was due home from work at quarter to nine and by nine he wasn’t home. Half past I was worried as he wasn’t answering his phone or text messages. I decided to text Shamrock as she knows of BW’s every abouts and she always replies thankfully to my messages. She told me he was at the pub with his friends. These are new pals. Nice of him to let me know and his dinner you couldn’t reheat. I knew he was at work this morning by 7 am so by midnight, I text him and he replied saying he would be home soon. Last week he gave his colleague a lift home and he didn’t realise how far he lived. It was a round trip of 40 minutes. So, again he didn’t let me know but that meal kind of could get reheated. So, today, I’m certainly not preparing anything until he enters the house.

 

The past two days our emergency services have been going crazy. Not sure if it’s the excitement of Easter or just the weather causing more accidents.

 

My friends Husband ended up in hospital yesterday. Bless him, not a way he wanted to spend his weekend. He went away to Scotland for a few days on his own and had to take a taxi to the hospital last night and that is where he is still today. I wish I could drive and I would go and pick him up to bring him back as his caravan which is his where he was staying for the few days, has no cooker or heating now. so, if he gets out, where will he go? He shouldn’t be driving back home and he shouldn’t stay overnight until he feels a bit better. He’s had a cat scan so just waiting to see what happened to him yesterday.

 

Our neighbours asked us to go for a meal to a restaurant I really don’t feel comfortable about, there are reasons why, believe me… So, it’s cooking for Fifi. Mind you, Hub has put a turkey in the oven for Easter Sunday dinner tomorrow. Oh, I could have been sick as he asked me to move from the bin as quotes… He had a turkey neck in his hands… Oh, gross! I can’t deal with that the legs and neck. Over to him. As for the plastic bag inside of them with all the bits and bobs in, oh, no, please…

 

So, after stressing about our boy last night, I had a rough sleep and was awake from half six this morning. Couldn’t get back to sleep so took a bath… “Where did you take the bath too Fiona?”” very funny.

 

Then we had a delivery. This was what I was talking about yesterday. We have bought a second hand recumbent bike from eBay. It’s one where the seat is like, well, a seat… Rather than the bony thing we had on our last bike. This machine is huge. It’s great. Now I’m expected to use it, aren’t I?

 

After how many calories that are in Easter eggs, yes, I must. Up to 1800 per large chocolate egg. Oh, my goodness. Really? Never in the history of bouncing bunny’s. Their hollow for chick’s sake. There’s nothing inside of them. Air… how much is air? We are not taxed on that as far as I know, so how can they be so calorific?

 

A quarter of our Easter eggs are packaging. What a waist that’s to make them look bigger.  

 

I was sent some emails asking me to explain to other cultures/countries what Easter is.

Easter is a Christian festival which celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. According to the new testament, Jesus died on the cross on Good Friday and came back to life three days later. His resurrection is celebrated on Easter Sunday which also marks the end of Lent the forty days of fasting.

 

I made some leak and potato soup today so may have that for dinner. As tomorrow is a big one with it being Easter. I wish my boy was off then we could go out for Sunday lunch having said that, Hub has an enormous turkey to eat that I am sure he will have to freeze most of or put into a stew and then pop into the freezer.

 

Brutal snow is forecast to hit Britain tomorrow. Nice.

Can you remember when shops were all closed over Bank holiday weekend? Easter weekend? Gosh, not now. Even my boy had to turn up at work at silly hour this morning. Our blooming bin men came on Good Friday, this would have never happened a few years ago. We really are going towards a life of existence with no tradition or morals.

 

My Husband has his 50th birthday at the end of the year. Oh, wait to hear what he wants to do to celebrate that? I shall share that with you in October but in the meanwhile, I wish he would change his blooming mind as it’s the scariest idea I have heard yet!

 

I have a dear friend and Blogget from South Africa and now my author friend and Blogget who incidentally is also, from SA, and they both speak stunning English. In fact, they put English people to shame. The way they write is pure poetry. Perfection. Their words paint a picture. What ever they were taught at school and however, we should learn from this. Though I have a feeling school life for them especially way back, may have been rather intense and cruel. So, let’s learn the good things and introduce them to our schools as young people now days are talking so badly. I think my Sons ex spoke the best English I have heard from a young person. Well, she had to have something good about her… But apart from that, what comes out of the youth’s mouths now days one would wonder even if they are from here!

 

Well on that rather odd note, I shall go to my kitchen, pop some bread in the oven and have it hot with the soup. It’s so cold out there and so very wet. Wherever you are keep warm and safe. And for those who celebrate it, happy Easter. For those who don’t, enjoy this weekend and look forward to the week ahead.

 

 

No comments: