translate

Monday 21 July 2014

THE OPERATIC TRAGITY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE OPERATIC TRAGIDY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I didn’t want you to leave today

As the door closed and you went away

My heart dipped

My stomach ripped

Life I felt I couldn’t face

I didn’t want to be in this place

I didn’t want to put on my dress

I felt a mess

I sit here writing these silent words

As the birds fly free outside of my window

I wish I had a spark in my life which turned into a glow

But today is not a good day

I seem to have so many of these of late

I can’t eat the food on my plate

Not interested in drinking to make me feel better

Just waiting for a dreaded letter

That is what it’s like

I wish to get on my bike

To feel the wind in my hair

To know there is someone there to care

At the end of the day

To want to play

And not just vegetate

My salted tears with aching veins copulate

 They receive signals as though they know how to demodulate

The veins acting as wires

My sell by date expires

And I’m all sold out

I want to shout

Stick a pin in me and pour out like a spout

What is this all about?

Crazy thoughts

Dangerous sports

An yet have such fear

Need those close to me near

Hate my own company

No longer can sing the same melody

I need to hear a symphony

Not an operatic tragedy

 

No comments: