translate

Thursday 17 July 2014

THE OCEANA PART 4


I forgot to mention the birds on holiday. Oh my word the seagulls? When we went to Stavenger, I swear they were the mafia of the bird world! The noise they were making was just ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary. Hehehe. Teen said they were enormous as though they had coats on. I said it was their black leather jackets, they just needed their sunglasses and they were ready to visit the Cod Father….

Oh my jokes get cheesier by the day.

I guess they have big coats on them for the winter? Or do they migrate? Not up on seagull’s funny enough…

But I tell you, they could kill you with once sweep.

 

Anyway, our last cocktail had been drunk; we ate in the lovely Marco Pierre White restaurant on our last night at sea, feeling so sad to be leaving our lovely peace. Hub had his humungous meal as did teen, I had a lovely pizza and delicious starters, nice vegetarian food was served there but there was a cover charge, of about £7 each and I tell you to order what Hub ordered in a restaurant in the UK, would have cost five times all three charges. Then dessert. Well, it would be rude not to? You know us Brits, “We’ve paid for it, and we are going to eat it.” oh my God. There were three small desserts on an oblong tray. I couldn’t eat them. Managed one, Hub ate one of mine, as well as his own three and one of teens so he’s now known as 5 puddings Pop and I really did think we would pop that night.

We had to pack our cases and leave them outside the night before not outside floating on the ocean, but outside the bedroom door. Our cabin was F334 so just above the loading deck, but the rest of the time, our deck was the best and most peaceful, but all night it was noisy. We had to vacate the ship at latest ten to nine. I can’t believe the security there. My God that needs looking into? We left the ship within ten minutes not once being searched or showing our passport, we were in the taxi.

 

Got to the station, we that’s Hub and I came home on our own. Teen was off for a week elsewhere.

 

All in all, it was a lovely week good for our health, would I do it again? Not for a few years. Having said that, never say never, I quite liked the Italian one, but that was too long to leave my girls and they of course would be pining for me? Or would they?

 

Almost five hours later we returned home. M brought the dogs around, from her van she shouted

“Fiona, get ready they will be around your neck. They may knock you over.”

 

Back against the wall, knees semi bent.

What a fool I looked as three dogs, one by one, just calmly walked by. Ignoring Hub and myself. Oh. My. God!

They were as pleased to be home as a child in a sweet shop would be, without any money.

 

They slept for two full days. So M had them shattered or drugged them. Hub said trust me to even think of the latter.

 

She was lovely; she said she would miss them. I for sure would have her again as I’m sure the dogs had a great time, I know they swam in the river too as well as two big hourly walks per day, all but little BB, she just did the one. Bless her, but it’s great to know I can trust this lady and her company.

 

I love having them home. It’s lovely.

 

Still a little in shock that Fifi has been on a cruise, but really it’s no way as near as pretentious as I first thought it would be. Hub said it has really changed since the days he went. And we didn’t go to the black tie dinner. Thank God. I feared that night like you would not believe. Teen didn’t want to go and there is no way we could have done that on our own, as the Indian staff really didn’t understand us, this is a shame as they just knotted and teen got upset as he felt like why should they serve us? Who do we think we are? I agree but as I told him, it is a job and a life getting away from possible povaty.

 

Would our Son go on another cruise? Hmm. I doubt it unless it was a short one to Amsterdam with the lads, but he loved the scenery and massage as well as the food. It was a lovely family week. I now know why my Russian friends used to visit the black sea to recuperate. There is something about the ocean.

 

 

No comments: