translate

Friday 18 July 2014

MY FRIEND THE ANGEL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY FRIEND THE ANGEL

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 I asked for his help

But he hesitated

I thought he didn’t hear

I just waited

Until he came near

And placed one hand on my shoulder

For all the others to see me

As I shivered getting colder

A circle of heat fell to my feet

A pink velvet gown was placed around me

A soft smile before my tear stained face

A white dress of pure lace

With a feathered wing

Silent voices began to sing

I was the centre of this golden ring

They calmed me down

My heart began to steady

They kissed my frown

They said I was ready

For what?

To except what they could do

My breathing slowed to the rhythm

They were sent to me from heaven

Silk steps danced in time

To the words of the archangel

Who chanted a rhyme

As though I was a babe in a cradle

I fell a sleep

Whilst healing did creep

Soft feathers wiped away

As I did weep

They got me ready for another day

So much pink

All around

From the ceiling to the ground

I didn’t want them to go away

If they can hear me still

Please stay

Feed me another pill

As your medicine did help me

Even for a couple of hours

Perhaps three

My heart feels better

I didn’t write a letter

But I did ask allowed

And a dear friend prayed for me

Though I didn’t think it would work

As I am one in a huge crowd?

Why did they pick me?

How grateful I am to my friend

I can’t pretend

I’m no way fixed

But like a recipe

I have most of the ingredients for the mix

So hands together

And friends forever

Thank you so much

 For my heart you always touch

 

No comments: