translate

Tuesday 13 March 2018

WINGS BY FIONA CUMMINGS #FionaPefi @PoetryByFionaCummings


WINGS

By Fiona Cummings

He came into my life

 On that bitter cold night

Carrying wings for me

To set me free

He placed a crown upon my head

And put a pillow on my bed

He said no more sleepless nights

And then went as if in flight

 

He came to me through my dreams

In colours of blue’s, silvers and creams

He picked a flower that I had never seen

From long grass so very green

Beneath a tree

He came to me

And picked an apple and then a pear

I took the fruit

He just stood there

It was his look

A peaceful but meaningful stair

I just knew he really did care

 

He came to me one Autumn afternoon

When all the gardens were losing their blooms

My world of colours was fading now

He pointed to my crown

As if to say memories are kept inside my head

And I was lucky as I felt safe in my bed

He kept me warm on that cold night

And taught me how I would cope without sight

 

He gave me wings to free myself

And told me to leave my troubles on the shelf

I asked him what his name was

He just made a shape like a ring

And he never came again

 

I sit here wondering where he is

As he left me in such a Wizz

His message a new start

Like the spring

The sun will shine

And in time

All will be explained

Why me, why was I, chosen to be blind?

 

He was kind

And taught me so much

My heart he did touch

My life he changed

A new angle

Who was he?

I guess my angel

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

 

No comments: