translate

Thursday 15 March 2018

THURSDAY'S THOUGHTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Last night as my little family sat around the dining table, we normally end the meal on a cupper and a little chat. When my Son and his Dad are together it’s normally some kind of philosophical discussion. But last night was slightly different. A two-hour conversation… Let’s just say by the end of it, my brain was the size of a pea.

 

Sham came around and we watched TV. It was warm and dry and I felt blessed.

 

Boy Wonder is eating me out of house and home. Yesterday he had two eggs for breakfast with vegetarian bacon and toasts with mushrooms. Cereal too. For lunch he had two Mexican wraps and for evening meal, mushroom stroganoff with rice. Then by nine in the evening he was starving… So, he went for a Pizza. Large one… Oh, unless you live in America, then I guess our large Pizza’s look more like a starter. Smile.

 

Tonight, we are off to the pub quiz. Why do we go? Well, not to win, that’s for sure. We are rubbish… Getting the questions right, you need to be a member of MENSA

 

Talking of brains, I can’t believe how disrespectful people are being over the death of Professor Stephen Hawking. Saying things like he won’t be out of his wheelchair now as he won’t have gone to Heaven as he didn’t believe in God. Really, even saying he will be with the Devil in hell? If he is, and I’m sure he won’t be, was that a very nice Christian comment to make?  With views like that, I hope I don’t go to their heaven.

 

The search for God can be time consuming and expensive. The irony is being with God is timeless and free of charge. No matter what it may feel like, know you are never alone.

 

Thank you for your emails, I shall write your subjects over the next couple of weeks.

But in the meanwhile,

You deserve the best in life, whether that be the most love or laughs.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: