translate

Tuesday 6 March 2018

HOLIDAY REALLY? BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My love has taken some days off work as has to use his holidays up before April. Right now, he is in the kitchen and the smell of home made bread is simply wonderful. Hmm. He’s brilliant at making bread and a slice with butter has my name on it…

 

It’s mild today after a full night of none stop rain. All the snow has gone. It’s even sunny and as the baby birds sing, I wonder if they have been saved by the food I put out for them. Mind you, it’s possibly the food others have offered as my dogs know when there is food on the bird table and suddenly my Waggatail who is normally a tiny dog, develops the ability to grow a neck the size of a giraffe, and on her ballerina tippy toes, she is the height of the bird table. So, what I try to do is let her out in her doggy doodle garden to perform the doggy doodle dance and once she is back in the house, I put out the food so, at least they get three hours before they will need to go out there again.

 

You all know my stories about Hub and myself getting letters in print suggesting we pop along to our local Opticians, to get our eyes checked out for new glasses? I, wish… Well, we have had letters asking us to also go for a test drive in a new car and today we have been sent a letter suggesting Hub goes to our local Doctors to perform a (Self-service) blood pressure test. Hahaha.

Well check out those digital numbers!!!

 

After our decorating has been done, I put up my beautiful paintings of my angels…. I hope they are not on their heads… I’m sure they are the right way up, as the string/hooks are closer to the top than the bottom… but it has been known my Son was on his head for a couple of weeks before Boy Wonder bothered to reassure me after I told him my friend came and told me his photograph of when he was a child was upside down… He replied. “Oh, yeah Mum, I noticed that a couple of weeks ago!””

Thanks for that Son. I have had a few people in my house since then…

 

My Waggatail isn’t impressed that we now have a child gate at the bottom of the stairs preventing her from climbing up there to her favourite place. BW’s bathroom. She loves it there. Firstly, she feels closer to him, she loves him secondly, it’s a lovely warm room and thirdly there’s a really nice thick bathroom mat that is so thick comfortable and fluffy. I think she likes sleeping where she does because it’s a nice secure feeling too, as where the mat is, it’s narrow, so cosy for her. If I hear her up there, I tell her off and make her go downstairs back on her bed. If BW comes out from his bedroom during the night for the toilet, she has the cheek to see him, come out whilst he goes to the loo, wait on the landing and when he goes back to bed, not sending her downstairs, as he thinks it’s cute, she then walks back in and gets all comfortable again…

 

 BW went out last night he texts me. Since he has been on holiday, he’s been great with communicating. Thankfully. He found somewhere to eat vegetarian food and got back to his hotel at midnight. He texts today saying they had breakfast at seven a.m.  

 Heck, that’s normally supper for him. I suspect they had to get up for breakfast early in their hotel, and then they went back to bed?

 

My friend was telling me today she has just had her nails painted. Gold glitter and before that she had pink but silver cuticles. Gosh, doesn’t that sound really girly and pretty?

 

Hub and I are having Indian take away tonight for dinner. This week is going to be I hope, a relaxing one as Hubs off work and as long as my boy let’s me know each day he’s OK, I will be fine. I’m happy in my heart knowing he’s happy.

 

It was funny a guy said to us yesterday. “Take this week as an opportunity to get away somewhere for a few days like Barcelona?””

Oh, yes love. Great idea, and how do you expect us to do that? Yes, we can get to the airport and on the flight off it and even get to our hotel, but once there, getting out and about? EM, bit of a problem. Funny how people just don’t get it. We would need a pet passport firstly if we took our dogs. If we didn’t take our guide dogs, who would look after them? And if we did take them, how would they guide us? Firstly, we would need to know in our heads where things were, if we have never been there before how do we know how to get places? And our dogs have never been there so, how do they know their way around.

 

How it works. Our dogs are taught the routes we need to learn. Then we are taught them. Over and over again for us and the dogs! Then we take the dogs give them instructions left right, up a step find the door find the gate and so on. Our dogs stop us from bumping into things, well, that is the theory and stop at steps. They will take us to a door they have been trained to find. But we need to tell them where to go. We don’t say find the school and they just do it. They’re not mechanical. At the end of the day they are cute wolves. And amazing. How they stop at steps, find doors even find seats in buildings. But they can’t just pack a bag of bonio’s and dog food and be on their way. It doesn’t work like that.

 

We are tired trying to explain to people so now we just say yeah. Whatever.

 

It would be lovely to be able to afford a place in the sun to buy, learn routes and be able to go there every year. But sadly, the Lotto hasn’t been kind to me so far.

 

OK, must dash now we are meeting friends later so our dogs need to be harnessed and off we go. Take care, will you?

 

  

No comments: