translate

Tuesday 20 March 2018

DIARY OF CHEEKY SHOPPING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


What a difference it makes just to get out and about in a day with someone who can see. To go out with my dog is a great feeling of freedom and achievement, and for every 100 times I need to go anywhere, only two of those times I have the fortune to be with a sighted person, the other 98 times, I have to do it alone with my Waggatail.  So, thank God for my guide dog! But to actually go out with someone who has vision so I can totally relax and get to places or do things I just can’t do with my dog is so good.

 

When we were out, a beautiful retriever dog was sitting tied up outside a huge shop. Of course, Boy Wonder wanted to stroke it. So, I warned him against it as you never know how a dog will react or the dog may get afraid with hands of strangers coming towards it, but he still had a pet of it as did I, once I realised the furry friend was, well, friendly.

 

Oh, he just sat there with his stunning floppy ears so, innocent, so vulnerable. I hate it when people leave dogs tied outside shops and schools. I know my Son has a constant battle with a lady who comes into his workplace and leaves her dog outside for up to an hour. Last time it was snowing hard, BW put the dog in his car… I suggested that the dog could have torn his car to bits inside. But BW said he would cope with that rather than have that poor dog shivering!

 

Then he and Shamrock went out. I receive a text from him which reads a link to a dog’s trust and takes you the reader, to a link to the dog he had just seen as he and Sham went to the actual dog’s trust home for unwanted dogs. I replied with some made up links, www . DoggyDayCare. Mummy www . VetBill.org and,  www.RememberToLet TheDogOut .org

I, think he got the hint.

 

He and Sham also went to a tropical garden. There was everything there from butterflies and snakes to spiders and monkeys.

Now BW is at the gym where he will swim and attend the sauna and Shamrock is out with a friend from work.

I made dinner for Hub the    meat eater and BW and myself who are vegetarians and did a different meal for BW’s lunch for work tomorrow. I have filled the dishwasher cleaned the work tops in the kitchen did a last-minute floor clean whilst Hub went to our gym… the garage.

 

Now Hub is watching TV I’m chatting to you and we both have a cup of tea. Hub green tea. Last night I measured his chest and waist. I have a tactile tape. He’s lost four inches from both chest and waist. I think he’s now lost too much. He eats on average a thousand calories per day and is losing with exercise, 600 so, surviving on 400 calories per day, it’s not enough food. The past four weeks have been hellish for him personally speaking too. His brother has been so supportive bless him and apart from me and our Son, no one else has known what is going on but I hope soon that stress will have come to a conclusion. And he can start to be back to normal.

  

Did I tell you I was getting broody for a baby? Haha. Don’t worry, I’m far too old for that, and my Son is far too young… Or, is he?

The only time I have had feelings like this was when I wanted a child when it was time to have my Son… I have never had feelings like this before then, or since then. Until now… What’s that about? Is it a Grandmothers thing?

Oh, no, I’m not Grandmothers age. I, mean, 32, too young to be a Granny, right?

Stop it…

I am, 32…

 

 OK cheeky chops, I will go for now, but take care of yourselves and smile as I bet whatever you are hoping for, is in the stars waiting to shine in your life. very soon.

 

 

No comments: