translate

Thursday 22 March 2018

BACK IN TIME WITH THE POOR PORKY PIG BY FIONA CUMMINGS @FionaPefi


Today’s blog, I mentioned yesterday that I put it out there on Facebook asking for a subject today and my school buddy was straight in there with a suggestion, so, her topic coming up! But first, I have to tell you about a restaurant mine and Hubs friend went to, to celebrate his significant birthday.

   get this for a name.

The Lusty wench

 Haha. Isn’t that the best?

 

So, subject today, it would be interesting to talk about how we would all feel going back in time to our school days.

 

Well if I knew I had stepped back in time, obviously knowing what I learned and what I know now, I am sure I would have been a lot stronger at school and not allow some of the evil staff to do what they did. Of course, I would have been expelled, and probably sent to a school for badly behaved children. That is what happened to my friend from school, she was so clever, and was expelled for something so small. Her education was suffocated by what was to follow. Sadly, for her, she went down a loveless, lawless lane and her life for sure was ruled by her former school’s decision. Having said that, because of visiting Russia and London hospitals as much, my education certainly was badly effected, and has subsequently affected the path I chose or, was chosen for me.

  

Imagine you and your school pals now, you can all go back in time. You will be those children again but A, you all know of your futures and you are there because you have stepped back in time. The other kids don’t know about the time situation, as far as they are concerned it’s normal every day they are still at school, they haven’t grown up like we did. The staff are oblivious to what’s going on. What would you do and what would you change? Oh, I would love that time…. But if, B, we could go back in time but once there, our minds were wiped clean of any future going ons, I would hate that because we would be like the above other school friends, who were oblivious to everything so would just have to go through everything all over again, and I wouldn’t wish that on me or my pals.

 

My Husband wants to visit our first school so badly. I really don’t. It’s not a school anymore it’s other buildings and for me there are too many ghosts from my past and skeletons that need to be kept in the closet.

 

So, to conclude, would I wish for my life all over again with exactly the same occurrences and outcome? No, what would be the point. Would I like to live my life again knowing what I know now? No. I wouldn’t wish my life on anyone. Would I like to go back to being a tiny child with the head, brain and mind of the age I am now, so I would have more influence on my path of life? Yes, I think so, as I would have had so much more to say and I would be someone by now. Not just that blind woman or BW’s Mum or the wife of, or, that fat lass down the street. Haha.

  

Will I grow old wishing if only? A little part of me will. It does, but nothing I could have done with the mindset I had would have made my life easier or better. A different outlook perhaps. But I didn’t have a different outlook, so I did the best I could with what I had.

 

As for my future? There are days when I really hope my life will change. I adore my Husband and he and I are together forever I pray. I worship my Son and I hope he will marry a good lady and I look forward to having Grandbabies. I of course will worry in case the children will be cursed with my eye disease, but the curse isn’t what it was for me, at least there is hope for our future generations with new research. Real people are starting to get treatments now. for my type of RP? Who knows, because who knows what kind of or, strength of RP I have? Four years now I have been trying to find that answer and failed.

 

There are so many different kinds of Retinitis Pigmentosa.

Knowing my luck, I will have the kind that isn’t being researched… But then I have days when I think no one could go through the life I have gone through and die without the sun shining, even for a couple of years? And I dream of the days when I see enough to go on holiday with my Husband. To be free of restrains and not to be excoriated by words inside of my head. To witness once again resplendent lakes and icicles, as well as gardens abundant in colours of all kinds of blooms!  

   

To be able to visit others who are not as fortunate as myself and make a difference in their lives! Who knows in five years’ time, I may be seeing the words I’m writing to you rather than listening to a little man inside of my lap top. Gosh, I’m almost forgetting what letters look like now, I really need to spend time keeping that part of my memory alive. Colours are slipping from my mind at great speed. Not being helped by the fact all these new words for colours, colours which I am sure have been around forever but had more simple descriptions when I had sight.

 

Hub is in Manchester today working. So over two and a half hours in transit each way.

But tomorrow he is on holiday for two weeks. I think our besties are coming to visit us next week. That will be lovely. I was just saying to my other friend today I miss her so much and wished she lived closer. One day it would be great to live so close to all of my pals. In a community. Haha. Oh, goodness, if you knew us all, that would be one heck of a community.

 

Received a lovely phone call from the sweetest friend today, gosh, bless her heart, she is going through hell right now. I just wish I could help her. I love her and going back to school days, if I had to go through what I went through at school, just to meet with her, it was worth it.

 

I’m cooking a poor part of a pig for Hubs dinner. Well, dinners as it’s huge. I ordered it on line, em, well, it’s kind of family size. Hub tells me off saying I never check sizes of things…. And?

Seriously this pork would serve eleven hungry builders!

 

I’m a vegetarian as you may know. So, how long do you cook a joint of Pork for? Good question… hahahaha. I don’t do many joints it’s just too close to reminding me what my Husband is actually going to eat. I must say though, forgetting for a few seconds what it actually is, it smells rather lovely. I removed foil for half an hour and let it go crispy on the top. I forked holes into it with black pepper herbs and garlic as well as some celery salt. Is that sounding OK? Oh, I’m totally hopeless but so far, I haven’t ever managed to poison anyone. I’m surprised I have any skin on my hands though the amount of times I washed my hands today whilst preparing the meat. I’m paranoid when cooking.

 

I guess I should go and iron. I also have some poems to write for people. A poem for a wedding, one Christening and one just because she knows I will. Smile. Subject of that poem? She doesn’t mind. Anything, and it’s not like it’s for an occasion either. So, where to begin on that one.

 

A big shout to my Sister in Law today, your words today were gratefully received appreciated and found themselves inside of my heart.

Later gators.

 

 

 

 

  

 

No comments: