translate

Monday 6 April 2020

TIME TO MOVE ON #PoetryByFionaCummings


TIME TO MOVE ON

By Fiona Cummings

 

I remember the days when our vision was a haze

When we breathed in air, that just didn’t care

The birdsong was a distant memory

To younger people it was a story

I remember when our world was so noisy

The sound of silence was a mystery

I remember when we met up with our family

And made contact with a cuddle

The norm was a lot of hustle and bustle

Our news was fake

And business was met with a hand shake

I remember when we were told the world had a virus

This made me furious

Though now I wonder

If a scientist’s blunder

Will bring back humanity

Though at the cost of my sanity

Our air is better

And though poison travelled on a letter

We read enough to learn how to communicate with neighbours

Doing each other favours

Mass showing of our appreciation of others

All standing together

Sisters and brothers

And though we had to spend time apart

Those we love were, and always, will remain in our heart

 God bless our earth

And the birth

Of all what is new

This beautiful view

The clean air

The fish in our rivers

That we thought had long gone

To the choirs that give song

Thinking how it was before, gives me shivers

Swans they swim

For most, the future won’t be grim

We are all in this together

Gliding on the angel’s feather

Keep faith in what is to come

Our maker has spoken

Look to the sun

The earth has been choking

Time to move on

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: