translate

Thursday 16 April 2020

C 19 DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Dearest Bloggets, how are you all doing with this isolation? I hope to God none of you are in hospital. Or have anyone in hospital.

My Husband is now on the mend, he is back to work from home, he was really ill but didn’t go to hospital in fear to be honest he wouldn’t get back out, I’m delighted that our Prime Minister is out of intensive care. He is the most amazing PM ever and our Government are just the best, though, they do seem to have forgotten about people who are blind.

 

This social isolation is impossible if you have no vision. Shopping on line is unbearable. For those of you who live in the UK, try calling this number and press option 5, you will at least get a box with essential items in.

03456116111

Op

5

That is Morrisons.

 

Ocado has been our God send throughout all of this.

But still full of so much stress as all the shopping apps are down, so, we have to go to .com and those sites are so unfriendly for people using a screen reader.

 

By the way I have been asked the answer to the riddle I set you last week thanks to someone I stole it from on line so, here is the answer.

5.

 Oh, it has annoyed me as I was sure it was 37.

Check out my blog before to go over the answer again. I had people say 25, 10 and 1, quite a lot said 5 though, smarty pants.

 

How are your stress levels? My anxiety is quite high. I’m missing going out. And it looks like we are in for another three weeks. At least. But hey, we if lucky are in our homes, have gardens to enjoy the sun and hopefully have at least our pets with us, I’m missing the kids my baby boy is a hugger and I’m missing his hugs.

 

Sham had her 21st in isolation but again, we are alive and our loved ones are too that is the most important thing.

 

There has to be some light at the end of this tunnel. Lessons to be learned and for all the people who have died, lets live a better life for them.

 

  Here are some words I love that I found on line.

“I asked God why is he taking me through troubled water? He replied, because your enemies can’t swim!

 

For some, when the dust settles, I hope we will realise, how little we need how much we have and the true value of human connection.

 

What about those who live in apartments without a garden or balcony? If you can see and are able to walk to get out, that is better, but for those who rely on others to help them or are unable to get out for whatever reason on, I’m so sorry for you, but by doing what you are doing, you are all hero’s. You are life savers and I’m hopeful by the end of May, we will all be allowed out to meet friends and family. Though there are rumours that we will all have to wear masks. Oh, my goodness, that is a fear of mine, and they will have to be horrid cloth ones as we can’t get the medical masks for our medics and carers let alone members of the public.

 

Did you hear about John who worked in a small Pharmacy who was a really bad salesman? Bob the owner told him one day I have noticed you can’t find anything the customers ask for. I’m warning you, he continued, I am watching you and any more mistakes, you are finished.

Next day an elderly man came in and asked John for something for his cough. Of course, John couldn’t find the cough medicine, so gave him a box of laxatives and told the man to take them immediately all at once.

 

The man did so, and walked out of the chemist and leaned against a post. Bob saw everything and angrily came over to John and asked why he gave the man that rather than cough medicine? He went on to say, laxatives will not help his cough. Oh, yes it will, replied John. What do you mean asked Bob?

Well look at him, leaning against the post, he’s stopped coughing,

 he’s too afraid to cough…

 

Let’s be grateful if we are all alive and have not lost any loved ones. Remember if we have had this so, called virus, we are immune, but the virus can mutate, which could mean we can get this again, so, hope for a vaccination that will be successful soon.

 

I heard schools may be going back. I would say that is a great idea, and reduce the summer long holidays to perhaps the end of August. Six weeks is far too long for modern families especially because children shouldn’t be staying with their grandparents during such times.

 

Open your windows, play happy music and keep washing everything with soap and water. Open your hearts to what we can take from this and if you can, make sure your neighbours are all OK.

 

Laters

 

 

 

No comments: