translate

Saturday 25 April 2020

THOUGHTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well at the start of the year, I was hopeful it was going to be a good one. I had a feeling of peace…. Personally, my Husband got promoted at work and our Son bought his first house though I wanted him to live with me forever, I am so proud of him and what he has achieved at such a young age. And I love where he lives. And before the corona calorie count, I lost 15 lbs in weight, but that 15 sadly changed numbers in the wrong direction, to 11 lbs loss. So, I have gone the wrong way now.

 

I did walk five miles this past week though, yes in three days, but there is only so much a person who lives in a city can do without sight.

 

I did come closer than I should have on my travels the other day who met me from a distance of roughly the allowed space who was so friendly and knew my name……

Not at all sure who he, was.

 But he knew me by my name. infamous Fifi.

 

It was really odd being out after five weeks of hibernation. The world felt so different. It was like I had been in a deep sleep for years and just woke up. I stayed the same, but those around me were different. The air, sounds and smells were so pure, it was eery and flowers soil, grass even the sun had a fragrance of cleansing.

 

there are definitely more birds in the sky and they are singing such sweet tunes. I love this year for the animals but my heart is broken for those who have lost loved ones.

 

Yesterday I saw on our news twin nurses, both died within days of each other. Can you imagine their parents? I just wish this evil killer would be more selective and take the bad people of this earth.

 

The first human trials took part in the UK on Thursday. But it will be months before a vaccination is given to people if, this trial is successful.

 

How is everyone coping with isolation or at least not being able to do the things you used to? Remember, this isn’t for ever and the quality of the earth has to improve because of less pollution. Personally, I don’t believe this has come from people eating bats or whatever poor innocent creature is being blamed for the enjoyment of dirty habits, I am sure like the opinion of a lot of my friends this is a manmade chemical that has deliberately been released into the atmosphere.

 

What happens next though? Some people are still talking of holidays in the summer. No way Jose!  To be honest, I can’t see holidays happening abroad this year. And that isn’t the end of life, Hub and I have not been on holiday for four years. Welcome to the life of a lot of   people who are blind. It’s truly possible to live Bloggets without a holiday… and there is always next year.

 

Schools will go back first, may be in June. And then more and more shops and businesses will open again. Not sure about things like Barber’s or hairdressers though, I think we will have to keep doing this awful social distancing for at least the next year. And I hate that.

 

All the men have had their wives cutting their hair. I offered to cut Hubs…. Oddly, he refused my snipping skills.

 

Our beautiful guide dogs are so well behaved. And thank God they have my friends who come to the top of our drive and we send the dogs out with their Leeds on and rubber gloves are put on by my friends and they walk the dogs a few miles for us. They don’t get off though so when this is all over, their first free run, they will go crazy.

 

The Guide Dog charity will lose so much money this year fund raising. They will have so many puppy’s too waiting for training. Thank God there are so many volunteers who have really stepped up and took all the dogs that needed homes. All of the collection days planned and summer fairs etc have all been cancelled and pups and dogs as well as all of the support for people still needs paying for though, so I am fearful what will happen to our life saving charity.

 

Talking of holidays, we were…..

Why do skeletons go on holiday alone?

Because they have no body to go with….

Immature, I know.

How do you make seven even without addition, subtraction, multiplication or division?

Answer? Go, on, read it again, it’s easy…. I know it’s easy because I looked up the answer, hahaha. So, the answer?

How do you make seven even?

Drop the S.

One more, I got this one… Mind you, it was under the children’s section.

I am a six lettered word.

My first 3 letters refer to an automobile, my last 3 letters refer to a household animal, the first 4 letters are a fish, my whole is in your room in your house. What am I?

I bet our Blogget Vicki gets this, she does so well in these puzzles. Take another read, and here is the answer.

Carpet.

Car, pet, carp, and you have it in your room, right? Em, some people do, haha. Others have wood, tiles etc, but don’t be picky.

 

Enough silliness for today. Have a lovely Sunday and I shall drop in again soon.

Take care, be safe and patient keep your hands clean and be grateful for things you didn’t have time to be grateful for before.

 

 

No comments: