translate

Thursday 9 April 2020

THE RIDDLE OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Day three of my poor Husband having signs of this evil killer that is covering the world.

 

We call 111 and they just advise us to isolate. No tests for normal people. His symptoms are a dry cough, his chest feels like someone has been sitting on it. His voice is really weak, his body is so painful he is exhausted and he has no taste buds or sense of smell and he has itchy eyes.

 

I’m so cross because we have not been out for three weeks and I have been so frustrated when getting groceries delivered which hasn’t been easy, washing everything and binning the bags then  washing  the floor where the bags have laid until I put them away and goodness knows how many times I have washed my hands in between putting things away. But obviously either one of us caught the so, called virus three weeks ago and it has taken a couple of weeks to start to show its ugly head. A week ago I started to feel different, I first thought it was asthma because I was stressing over this and worrying so badly about all of the elderly people who live on their own and those people who are blind and have no  one in their lives and this really upset me. It scared me. But now I think I had and have signs of CV19. And my poor Hub definitely has.

 

My street clapped for care tonight again. Every week it gets me. I come in and I have tears. I want to say for every single person working right now thank you. Our medics and cleaners in hospitals, fire fighters, police all those working in food shops, especially our delivery drivers, post workers, bus drivers, bin men and more. All of you who are working at the other end of phones for whoever you are all amazing.

 

For those of you who are staying in doors to save lives, again, you are all heroes. And I am delighted to say our PM is out of intensive care now. I wish him all the luck and health in the world. I am so proud of our Government it has been amazing in this global crisis.

 

What is a little worrying is how there is so much in the press to show parents what to do to entertain their children? It’s as if parents have become so detached from their children that they have lost skills that our parents had and children don’t have what we had as children

 

Can you imagine the second world war for example, small kids had to wear awful gas masks? By night lights had to be turned off in houses. No television and most kids didn’t have their Dads at home because they were fighting or working to keep the country with heat.

 

They had little food, we still have more than they would have ever seen and their pain went on for years. I pray this will be over with in weeks. Of course, we will still be at risk of catching this, unless we have had it, so we will just have to be aware more in life. but I pray we never forget this time and have more respect for people and our earth.

 

  I so badly miss my friends and if I don’t see my Son soon, I think I am going to have a meltdown. Talking to little Shamrock tonight online, it’s as if they live at the other side of the world. I just can’t wait to hug them.

 

People have been so kind in general I am so proud of Britain.

Whilst we find the situation with COVID-19 dire, the stiff up a lip British humour is out there. This from a husband about his wife.

 “I looked into her eyes, deep into the emerald green, my heart fluttered. I felt a connection, something wonderful, something magical, I was transported to another place, and I thought, blimey, these binoculars, are brilliant.””

 

And for the few uncaring uneducated people among us, this is for you.

“You thought dogs were hard to train? Look at all the humans who can’t sit and stay?””

 

And see what answer you come up with I’m so excited to see what your answers are and I shall try to tell you and explain the answer in my next blog, all I can say is, read it over again.

 1 rabbit saw 6 elephants while going to the river.

Every elephant saw 2, monkeys, going towards the river.

Every monkey holds 1 parrot in their hands.

How many animals are going towards the river?

 

 

 

No comments: