translate

Friday 26 June 2020

DIARY OF PERFECT MEMORIES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I had a really difficult decision to make last Friday it was so hard but I did it. I made it. It was against my Hubs desire but he went with my thoughts. The pressure of it all was really stressing me out and once I braved up and said what I thought, it was like a bottle of fizz that had been shook then the lid was pulled off. What a mess, but it was out, nothing could be done about it then or now.

 

It meant Saturday was slightly fragile and I wanted to run away, but Sunday arrived our Son and Shamrock came and I had a wonderful conversation with someone very special who gave me words that has given me some peace at last over something so important. That was then, this is now, the weekend has arrived with another decision.

 

Our lovely friend and neighbour came to us the other day bringing hot out of the oven the most delicious stuffed bread with wonderful spices and potatoes in. oh my it was amazing. Hub was enjoying his so much. She is the best cook. So, kind too.

 

My Son has gone and bought a puppy. He and Sham drove all the way to London to see it. He is just turning four weeks. Right now, he is a fluffball but going off the parents, he is going to be a real bruiser. The kids are really excited, I just hope to God when they are both back at work, they will be prepared for the damage the poor dog may cause. Thankfully that won’t be for a while, and they already have a dog walker in place to walk him every day and my Boy will walk him too at night and weekends. I personally can’t wait to see him. I love puppy’s but Hub won’t let me have one as we have our two guide dogs that will also become pets as they are much loved family members, so when they retire, they will be carrying on living with us.

 

Father’s Day came and went. Hub saw our Son and Sham and our boy was as always so kind. Then a hard week at work and Thursday, time for a break from the half six wake up alarms for work and time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. A special one this year. And special it was.

 

We decided to put my friend on our car insurance. She was so anxious. Then when we were sitting in the back, all windows open and our dogs in the large boot, cold juice ready to take, cold water for the dogs and my friend froze and considering it was the hottest day of the year so far haha. She didn’t know our car was an automatic…. She has never driven one before. Oh my, what a   hoot… thank God that Hub knows how to drive the car…. How? Not sure considering he has no vision haha, but he managed to get us out of a very dangerous situation by instructing Abbs what to do.

Oh, my, stuck on a very dangerous round about, our car wouldn’t move. Twice this year that has happened to us, once with our friends in their car and once yesterday. Cars tooted at us; I was fearful that the dogs would get hurt in the back if a car crashed into us. Anyway, long and short of it all, she managed to do what Hub said and we started up and on our way.

 

What a great time we had and Abs managed the car after then with ease.

 

We went to the woods. It’s a new wood and it was a great find another long story how we found them, and one day I shall tell you that story. But we parked, we only saw three people. A man on a bike and a couple of lovely ladies. One of the two ladies said to us.

“I know you two… Did you used to come into a pub a lot?”

 Hahahaha. Abbs said Hubs face was a picture. I mean, that sounds so bad, doesn’t it? We used to go into a pub a lot? Turned out to be the pub we used to go to once a week with our friends before lockdown happened.

 

I let Waggatail off her lead and harness to have a free run. Oh my, suddenly we heard the panic of a Wagging one splashing about in a stream. The stream was down a little hill. Oh, the sounds. I was scared stiff as I know she can’t swim. Well she managed to get out, and she was so proud of herself. Poor Little Fella still working on harness for Hub looked to her as if to say, Waggs, you idiot.

 

The pine trees were lovely. The walk was fabulous. Hub let LF off and he loved it. My nine-year-old guide dog loved her brother being off too, so, the two of them lolloped and played happily, but we came back to the car as didn’t want them to get over hot. We gave them a drink and drank our cold juice and then came home. Our Son came with the most beautiful card for us with such loving words inside he wrote.

 

 He is our darling son we are so proud of the man he has become.

 

He loved my gift from Hub. My Son appreciates the good things in life just like his dad and his dad got me this stunning rose made from Cornish tin. But it’s solid you would think tin would be soft and bendy, the detail was beautiful. Roses are special to me and my Husband for many reasons, but my wedding bouquet my much-loved mother in law made me was beautiful roses. She also made our wedding cake and it had sugar roses on the top which I still have by the way, in my china cabinet.  And of course, I have written before about the thornless roses she bought us for the garden that we dug out of our last garden to bring here. But thornless they certainly are not.

 

Our Son ordered us a lovely meal to be delivered and we had strawberries and Prosecco and to end the perfect day Hub played the piano, all of the tunes/songs that we had on our wedding day. It was so romantic.

 

Today we have shared the day in our garden and welcome the weekend together. Happy birthday to Judy Hannah and today, it’s Mikes birthday if it’s yours, happy birthday.

    

 

 

No comments: