translate

Sunday 7 June 2020

JUST A RANT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


How are you all feeling? Are you all coping with todays world?

What a world we live in. we are struggling with this dreadful evil so called virus around the world, we cry and are appalled by the dreadful murder of the black man in America who was brutally killed by a policeman who I hope is suffering now wherever he is. But rather than everyone protesting peacefully, there are thugs out there destroying statues and setting fire to buildings and cars. But what is totally disgusting is throwing bottles and worse at our Police in the UK. Most Police are good people who spend their working life protecting us.

I’m white so of course I don’t understand what people go through who are treat badly because of their colour, but I am disabled with blindness, so I understand discrimination.

 

All I know is, I have respect for those who are protesting peacefully but for those who are damaging properties and so on, I feel total anger towards you all and you are just thugs who are using this serious situation to get off on your disgraceful behaviour.

 

Thank God today saw the lowest number of people dying of COVID. 77. Of course that is 77 too many. For all the 40,000 plus who have lost their lives, it’s agonising. Just because our country is starting to open up, doesn’t mean the virus  has gone and remember those numbers, 77 people, A, have loved ones who are pining, grieving right now and B, remember those figures are from two or three weeks ago because you don’t get it one day and die the next.   So, in two weeks’ time, let’s see what the numbers are like. I pray they are low, but I think most people are relaxing now. I just hope people remember to wash their hands over and over again and with it being hay fever season in the UK, please carry handkerchiefs with you at all times.

 

Re masks, I hate them. I also feel for those who need to lip read if people wear those, how can that happen if people wear masks?

 

It’s hellish for those of us who are blind, a new world we have gone backwards to a hundred years ago as far as people’s opinions and outspoken views. As far as us not being able to go to a shop without a sighted person and for those who don’t live with sighted people, how can we not mix with people with vision if we need to shop. It’s great we are now getting at last groceries delivered but only once a week, sometimes you, run out of milk, bread, so, why shouldn’t I?

 

Sometimes going to a shop, is a person who is blind only outing. That has been removed from us. With social distancing how can we do this and how can we see to get to the back of a queue that is sometimes around the outside of a building? We are prisoners and we have committed no crime.

 

Horse racing is back on our TV. Sadly. No crowd though, empty Grand Stands. Silent races. Going back to the awful violent demonstrators, a poor horse was hurt yesterday whilst carrying a police woman who fell off the horse. I hate horses being used like that. I wish they were left to be free to run in fields.

 

Zoo’s are really suffering with this shutdown because people are not going to visit them. I hope we can do our best to donate to them to keep them from having to get rid of some beautiful creatures. I mean they still have to be fed. The beautiful animals depend on us visiting. Some zoos are trying to offer other services like paintings, please check out your local zoo on line, please?

 

In the UK they are now starting to open churches and other places of worship. But only one person at a time is allowed in to pray. I really don’t understand this. What ever God you pray to, he is everywhere, isn’t he? You can pray from home or in a park, you don’t need to go to church to do that? And the poor person who is going to have to sterilise everything before and after your visit. Church is about community, but if communities are not allowed in, then why go?

 

Well rain has fallen today for the third day in a row. It’s been so cold we have had to turn on our heating. It’s June…. We don’t live in South Africa, it’s summer in England…

 

How about a few laughs?

(I went skydiving today. A guy strapped himself to me and as we plummeted through the sky, he asked, so, how long have you, been an instructor?)

Oops.

(My Husband said. I can think of 14 reasons to leave you, plus your obsession with tennis. I replied, that’s 15 love.)

Thanks for the laughs Ian and a very happy wedding anniversary to Carrie and Gord. Xx

 

 

 

No comments: