translate

Friday 19 June 2020

WHY AM I HEAR? BY FIONA CUMMINGS


OK let’s think for a while.

Gosh what is life all about? A question I have asked myself so many times along with why was I born?

 

Have you ever wondered why you, were born? To some it was because our parents had a little fun and nine months later, we popped out to say hello to the world. But for me that was slightly different. I was adopted at four weeks to parents who really wanted a baby they were childless for fourteen years before they adopted my brother who isn’t blood related but as a child that didn’t bother me at all. My big brother who is seven years older than me, was that, my big brother. My hero. My parents were older than me by forty and forty-seven years. They died when I was far too young. A fear I went to bed with every single night from the age of about four. I always knew they would leave this earth when I was young with them being a lot older than myself, but I hope for my Sons sake, I shall, outlive my parents as they were only in their seventies when they died, I was thirty.  I had a baby and I needed them more than ever. Still today I feel robbed being without a parent to support me or for me to send birthday cards to or visit hug them tell them I love them, be a voice at the other end of the phone. Christmas and Mother and Father’s day I wish I could visit my parents. But one thing my Mum said on her death bed, not that I knew she was dying at the time, was that I, was meant to go to her. And I believe I was. My birth mother didn’t want me and my birth father had no choice back then so, I was thrown away like unwanted rubbish at the age of two days.

 

I for sure have suffered a lot of pain in my life a lot of heartache, depression and seen things no one should have seen at any age. I have visited hell on earth been held down by the devil and if not for my poor angel who watches over me, I am sure I would have been suffocated by his strength.

 

I had to go through the long dark tunnel and fight my way through it to get out, but in the journey, I fell down ditches but thankfully I was pulled out of them, left dizzy and confused. Sad and alone. But coming up to ten years the love of my life married me and put me on a fast track to get out of the long tunnel that I had been in all of my life.

 

I got out of there and out into the sunshine, only thing is, I had been in that tunnel so long I was like those mining pit ponies who were blind when they got out of the coal mine as they had been underground for so long. Only I was blinded by a cruel eye disease called Retinitis Pigmentosa who came and stole my vision overnight leaving me with a baby and little did I know then, that I was going to  be without my parents weeks later.

 

I still don’t see the sun, but I feel it and I still wait with bated breath and a beating heart for treatment to release me from this prison of nothingness that I wake up to each morning. I wait for research to write Eureka!

 

Rather than a long dark damp tunnel these days, I go under lots of bridges and some of them are really low, making me claustrophobic, only these days I have my love and he walks by my side!

 

I have gone through life feeling like a punch bag or something to be used as a worthless being, and still have days when I have those thoughts, but I am stronger now and don’t allow those large boots to kick me and trample all over me. I tell, not ask those people to remove their footwear and put on some carpet slippers and I talk to them. If they are not willing to undo their laces, then I tell them to take a walk to another place, another poor person will have to deal with them and I am free of whatever they had planned for me. I have got rid of the rubbish and I am left with only quality, but it has taken many years to get there, to get here. But still, I ask why was I born, especially as the woman who gave birth to me tried everything to get rid of me when I was still inside of her. How many more years do I need to live to learn that answer?

 

My Husband tells me if I had not have met him, he wouldn’t be here now. Perhaps I am here for him and he is there for me and we are both here for my Son who makes us proud every day. But I hope one day I will be able to say to you all, this is why I am here!

 

  

 

No comments: