translate

Friday 12 June 2020

DIARY OF KIND THOUGHTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon dear Bloggets. It’s cold outside and wet but I am sitting in my lounge with my window open allowing cool air to cleanse the house and pretend I am outside. Because that is what you do when it’s summer, right? Sit outside. Not cuddle up to your jumper and crank on the heating…

 

Well we have been told that one person can  come and stay in our house overnight now as long as they are from the same bubble, so, only one person if your Mum for example lives on her own, and of course she has been lonely, then you can go and see her now and stay overnight. We are allowed one, bubble friend.

(Michael Bublé?)

I am joking, he has a family, he isn’t alone…. But still, he is welcome here any time. Haha.

 

Still no treadmill. Shops are not selling them on line and our shops are closed until Monday. Monday is the big opening of shops in England. Then things may start to move. And if they do, I get my treadmill, I too, may start to move.

 

It’s funny in the distance I can hear an ice cream van. They come around our streets playing a tune to let people know they are in the neighbourhood. Only thing is, they don’t hang around so you have to run like mad to catch them or chase the van down the street doing an impression of a hungry stray dog with too much energy.

 

My Hub has had really dry painful eyes for weeks now but he can’t go to the local Doctors as it’s not really an emergency and again with the queueing social distance thing. I really am not sure what it is going to be like for those of us who are blind in the future. I have a feeling that the 2-metre thing will be relaxed. It has to be for many reasons, but then what will happen I guess over the next two weeks, we will find out.

 

Our M&S are selling a large bar of chocolate with peanuts and caramel, yum doesn’t that sound delicious?

I think they brought it out for Father’s Day which is on the 21st of June.

 

I was reading today what it would be like if there were no humans left on earth. I have often written what a paradise it would be for the animals, but with the power stations and equipment that we have in place to control floods and all of the damage we have caused with plastics, granite and other items that are not biodegradable! Apparently, it would take thousands of years to get to the stage where the animals would be allowed to live in a perfect world for them but never will they be totally free of human errors!

 

My lovely friend came with her Husband today to take our dogs out for a very long walk even though it’s been raining all day. It’s dull and cold but still bless them they came. So now my dogs are shattered for the next 24 hours. They walk the legs off them. They will sleep

 

Well I have done all of my on line banking and housework for the day now I just need to prepare dinner for Hub finishing work. I’m making him fish pie. With creamy mash potato with a cheese topping. I’m going to make myself a vegetarian pasta. Tomorrow I think I will make a stew. It’s that kind of weather.

 

Today has been a day of what I call dirty jobs like washing out the bin, mopping the floors and cleaning the fridge and cooker, not all in that order. I hate those jobs, well actually I love mopping floors I know, I’m sad, but I love to make a clean shiny floor. All of my floor’s downstairs are hard flooring and that is perfect for having two dogs. I have vacuumed the floors down stairs three, yes, three times today. Hub says I’m obsessed with my floors, but the three times I emptied the vacuum, it was full. I have changed the filter too in my vacuum. I have gone from a Dyson to a Shark and I much prefer the Shark. Though it is like having a workout when using it as it’s heavy in comparison to the Dyson. We bought our Son and Sham one like ours and they love theirs too though Sham has had a few casualties as it lives up to its name, Shark. Once something is in its jaws, it tends to eat it up!

 

Hub will finish work then have dinner, then take his Friday night bath to mark the ending of a hard mentally challenging week at work then we will have a cupper and cosy up  to watch TV I think I am going to put on the fire as it’s chilli but not cold enough to turn on the heating all night. And then let the weekend begin. I hope the kids come to see us tomorrow and we may fit in a walk with a friend and a chat on face time with our besties. What about you, are you doing anything different? We are kind of restricted, aren’t we? We can’t go to the movies or the theatre or for a meal yet, I hope one day soon, this summer has all been a bad memory but one we shall all learn from!

 

Stay safe, remember to take your hand gel wherever you go and wash your hands whenever you get the opportunity. From Monday in England, if using public transport that includes taxi’s, people are to wear face coverings and it’s mandatory. Thank God I don’t need to use any public transport.

 

And just before I go some quotes.

To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. Take care of your thoughts when you are alone and take care of your words when you are with people.  Happy birthday to Paula and Sheldon and I wanted to share a hug to let you know I care. Laters.

 

No comments: