translate

Tuesday 9 June 2020

DIARY OF HAIR AND MORE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Hub and I have been in very close contact for three months now, thank God we are a couple who are in love and can live together without the thought of putting one of us under the patio…. But there must be so many couples out there who really are ready to visit a solicitor. May be a lot of you didn’t know your real partners before lockdown? All I can say is give it a chance, if everything ever goes back to normal, then your relationship will go back to what it was before this evil poison that has spread across our world.

 

Out came my jumper this morning, I can’t believe how the weather has changed. A week ago, we were burning and now shivering.

 

I’m sitting in my lounge after a very long days work. Long because I did a lot and long because it has been so dam boring.

 

I was saying to my friend over messenger today how lucky she is, she is really good with furniture upcycling it. I would love to do things like that. My other friend is a great artist and another friend goes out every day for a jog. I can’t do any of those things and I’m starting to get really frustrated.

 

In normal times, I could go to the shop even if I didn’t really need anything urgently. I would visit the chemist even if it was for headache pills, just to get out. I would go to our lovely fish and chip shop or even a walk around the block. I would meet a friend and we would go for coffee. Or out for a meal. But again, all off the menu.

 

Not having my treadmill to use up some energy is driving me crazy but you just can’t buy a basic treadmill, when I say basic, I mean not an all flashing singing and dancing one. The flat screens are pointless to us. We need one that we can at least use.

 

What have my readers who are blind been doing during lockup?

 

Hub has been playing his piano more and we have both been listening to music at nights. Classical music which is very relaxing, but it doesn’t use up energy.

 

We ordered our Son and Shamrock a sofa for their house four months ago from Furniture Village. Oh, my goodness. I will never buy anything from them again. Simply for their poor customer service. They have told so many lies it’s unbelievable. I said to them I was going to cancel the order, they told me I would have to pay 20 per cent to do that. Shocking, I have not got the goods so why should I have to pay anything? So many times, I have been told so many different stories, so many times I have been promised a call back that didn’t materialise.

 

Well that was yesterday this is today. Haha. If you know what I mean. I wrote the first part of my blog last night I have nothing much to do these days an yet have no time to write. That also may not make sense.

 

Some news on eyesight now, because of COVID-19, a lot of people around the world  may lose their eyesight because they have not been able to go to the Optician or eye Dr. eye conditions that could have been saved if only they could have received medical help at the right time. This is dreadful news. Let’s hope one day soon there will be a cure for all kinds of blindness, not just Retinitis Pigmentosa. Just something I read of late re help for sight I shall post at the bottom of here.

 

Ladies, how are you coping with your hair during lock down? My friend in America went to the hairdressers the other day. Vicki said she had to wear gloves and a mask. That to me is funny as those who can see sit in front of a large mirror to see what they look like I’m sure they are not enjoying looking back at themselves as an  apprentice bank robber?

 

Our hair dressers are not open yet. As I keep telling you, my Hub will look like a 70’s reject by the time he gets his hair cut.

 

I got a call today from my lovely lady who is a Chiropodist. Her prices have gone up £9, so now they want £40 to cut my nails? No, not happening. it’s not her fault it’s her very greedy boss’s fault. I wonder if hairdressers are going to charge more as well? I think that is bad because our government have been kind and left no one without money, even those who have their own business’s. but they are taking advantage of people.

 

Some hair facts. Black is the most common hair colour in the world.  

red is only 1 % and blonde 2 per cent.

We lose between 40 and 150 strands of hair per day. In 1950 only about 7 per cent of women died their hair, now it’s about 80 per cent.

Hair has been used to absorb oil from the water.

 Not sure if this is right, but I read today that 90 per cent of Japanese people wash their hair twice per day.

All of our hair follicles are formed in our body by the time we are five months old when we are still in the womb.

Just saying. Haha. And now for those links.

 


 

 

 

No comments: