translate

Tuesday 16 June 2020

THE BLACKBIRD @PoetryByFionaCummings


A blackbird sings to me

From up high on the apple blossom tree

It’s like he knows I cannot see

As he seems to sing only for me

His song is pure

He’s like treatment or a cure

He removes my stress

With his song I feel blessed

By nature, so divine

Wings flutter, so fine

Through my open window

As the gentle summer breeze does blow

He can fly where ever he needs to go

An yet he stays close by

I wait for him to fly

But still the songster sings

In the distance church bells ring

As if to accompany the chorister

Then my blackbird turns into a forager

Cleaning the tall tree’s

Of the bright red berries

I close my window

And alone again with silence

And a reminder of nature from the beautiful fragrance

Of the vase of roses, I picked from my garden

Life with Gods gifts is so amazing

Away from trouble and violence

Sadly, we have to face as a forbearance

But now and then

A song we find

A moment in time

 Peace without crime

 So, next time you hear the blackbird

Know I have sent him to you

Listen to his tune so true

Appreciate what he is telling you

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

No comments: