translate

Monday 6 July 2020

JUST ANOTHER DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Gosh I have just had my last brunch where I hope to be feeling quite so, full as from tomorrow, I am going to try to eat well again as in less and more healthy food rather than my diet of bread. I started off really well at the turn of the year, well in fact until lockdown then I felt a strange sensation that I needed to eat to keep well, and ate I did.

 

Tomorrow I will get my new treadmill. At last. I am super excited. Please God, let it be accessible? As in no flat screen. I hope to be able to feel something like a button or at least a risen section. Hopefully our Son will put it together for me after work tomorrow night.

 

Talking of our Boy Wonder, he took our Waggatail a couple of nights ago to his and Shamrocks house to stay overnight. For a sleep over, haha. Only thing is, he also promised his neighbour that he would look after her dog too. But not overnight.  It was a full-on following day for him for sure. But he did his neighbour a favour as all of his neighbours are so close and have a great friendship which is amazing especially for a brand-new estate.

 

Only a couple of weeks then our boy will be the proud owner of a puppy Shephard. I can’t wait to meet him. Talking of dogs, I got the call from Guide Dogs today hinting when things get back to normal, my GDI is going to call out to put my Waggatail on the retirement list. Oh no, I totally dread that day. Though the guy is so lovely, I hate that day when the harness is removed from us. It’s sad and Heartbreaking. But I will not give her up. She and The Little Fella will stay with us until the day they leave this earth. Hopefully because there isn’t a lot of hard work to do here for Waggs, she will be able to work a little longer as she is still fit and healthy.

 

I have been reading a lot of news about treatments for Retinitis Pigmentosa and there is some good news out there. I shall share some links with you at the bottom of here.

 

I dream of the day when I am writing to you telling you all about my day in a sighted world, but to be honest, I would be happy with being partially sighted. Whilst I hate being blind, it’s tough and cruel, we do have moments when I am better off now than what I was when I had some vision. Like being able to go out in the dark as before I was blind in the dusk only could see during the day. Now day and night all the same. But that can be a problem. All the same, day and night every morning waking up to the same view, same challenges and same feeling of exhaustion as to remember every single step I need to take makes me so tired. As a sighted person, I didn’t even have to take in my location. I just walked. Not needing to map routes out in my head.  As a person who is blind, I have to think ahead all of the time.

 

Oh my, here is my dear neighbour come to cut our grass at the front of our house. He is so kind to do that.

 

I read something today. She’s not fragile like a flower, but fragile like a bomb. Haha. That’s great, thanks to Amy and Dorie for that.

 

Happy birthday to Patricia, Lisa,  Amy and everyone of you who have birthdays today.

Thanks to Murat Yabas and Bill Stell for this information.


 


 


 

No comments: