translate

Thursday 9 July 2020

DIARY OF SMELLING THE HEAT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


How are you all my Dear Bloggets. All okay here. Hub still working from home. Thankfully life is starting to get a little less crazy for him and he is managing to finish work about 5/6 pm but still has early starts of 8 a m. I don’t mind at all as he is home every single day and night. A very happy wife. But it’s surprising how many of my friends are fed up of their husbands working from home… or in some cases, their husbands are out of work and are bored out of their brains. Especially a few weeks ago when we really couldn’t go anywhere. As a person who is blind.  We still can’t really go anywhere without sighted guides. With the social distance thing going on. People with vision are so lucky all they need to do is open their eyes and walk or drive. At least they get a change of scenery. Different air. See other humans.

 

Our boy wonder is working from his office now. Sham is still working from home. Thank God so far, they both still have jobs. Six days before they get their puppy. He is a black German Shephard with white on his chest and ginger eyebrows. Haha. Bless him. Of course, his Grandparents have bought him gifts already.

 

Two of my closest friends have grown up children and they too have kids who have bought puppies of late. So, the three of us all have Grand puppies now. all around the same time.

 

My wrists and elbows are hurting. Why? Nothing to do with my wonderful treadmill that arrived last week, but I bought myself lockdown bands. You know, those rubber pully things? Oh, my Lord. Firstly, I am a little afraid of using them too much as I don’t want to end up with arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger! How to tone without grown?

 

I tell you though I feel like I have been punched in the arms. Even when I am typing. I scared myself a few weeks ago I was cleaning the tops of my units in the kitchen and the pain in my arms was awful. It was as if I was painting a ceiling. I don’t want to lose the ability to do things with my arms so, bands I bought. My Son showed me how to use them but remember he has arms like an oak tree from Queen Ann days.

 

I have just finished listening to a book on kindle on my iPhone. Oh gosh it was so easy to use. The book wasn’t mentally stimulating I guess some would call it a chick read. It was called “Take A Chance on Me!””

 

Well as the month of July has shown the ducks they need not worry about water, and the baby birds have had to gather feathers to keep them warm, I am hopeful that August will be a warmer month. We either have the worst winds causing damage, loads of rain causing floods or a heatwave.

Causing me to burn.

Oh, my word, let me tell you about last night. I know I shouldn’t and it shows you just how uncool I really am, but I lit a candle. Hmm. My Mum would turn in her grave, if she had one. She was terrified I would burn myself. Strange she wasn’t worried about me getting knocked over by cars, just burning myself. Well as this candle lit, how do I know? Put my hand over the top and feel the heat, sometimes I can hear the flame. Last night Hub and I were sitting watching TV. I turned to him to tell him I was a little disappointed that our candle didn’t smell of strawberries, in fact the small candle didn’t smell of anything. I picked it up in its little glass jar and took a sniff. Nothing. So, a huge inhale. I reminded myself of a blooming druggy snorting something illegal. Suddenly I was aware that I had sniffed so hard, that the flame went up my right nostril.

Oh my God, it hurt. Well Hub couldn’t stop laughing. He didn’t run to my rescue or get a bucket of water to put me out, he just laughed. I swear it’s changed the shape of my nostril.

 

Little Sham thought it was hilarious when I told her over whatsAp. I get so much sympathy from my loved ones…

 

In all of my candle lighting, I have never done that before.

 

Well congratulations to Tori for her graduation in the US and for all of you who too have qualified.

 

Laters Gators.

 

 

 

No comments: