translate

Friday 1 November 2019

TGIF BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Here we are Friday night. Hub has gone out with his friend to a concert and a meal. It’s an old man’s group far too old for him but he wanted to attend, because his friend was so badly wanting to see them, and no one wanted to go with him. I’m not surprised. It’s the New Australian Pink Floyd. Heck, we weren’t even born when the original Pink Floyd came out in the mid-60s. They were considered a Psychedelic band from England. They were distinguished for their extended compositions, sonic experimentation philosophical lyrics and elaborate shows. Sounds like my night of hell. I hope he enjoys it though. Not sure where they are going for a meal but again, I hope it’s nice.

 

  It was bitter cold last night, we went out with friends to our lovely pub. It was cosy inside though they don’t have the coal fires burning yet. We had a lovely relaxed catch up. My friend got rather merry. I had an orange juice and a coffee. Hahaha. Oh, and a bag of nuts. The owner was really friendly more so than normal. He brought his dog to see us. Oh, it was so blooming cute. It’s half poodle and half Cocker Spaniel so, a Cockerpoodle, reading up on that breed today, they are very intelligent dogs. Very loyal and full of energy. Oh, even Hub fell in love with the dog. He felt like a fleece blanket. Like a little lamb.

The dog that is, not Hub.

 

I went for lunch today with my friend Barb. I have the largest pumpkin to make our Sons favourite soup. You can buy vegan cream that tastes nothing like cream, but it makes the best curries and soups. Better than when you use dairy cream.

 

The weather in England is awful. Wet and cold. I must get my Chrysanthemum plants covered tomorrow. You put a plastic bag over them apparently and it protects them till next year. You are meant to cut them down to three inches of stem but the beautiful flowers are still on them, I would feel like a murderer. So, instead, I will suffocate them, haha.

 

I just want them to come back next year as they were so beautiful and the colours are amazing especially the one, I have at the front door it’s like a brick red, really unusual.

 

In our news, in Texas, US, a woman has been found dead with an 8-foot python around her neck. Apparently, she had hundreds of snakes. Awful.

 

Yesterday was Halloween and that was the day we were promised we would leave the EU. Instead, we are to have an election. If our PM wins the vote, then we will leave the EU next year. If he loses, God help our country.

 

Outside of my window I hear so many fireworks. Normally our dogs are not bothered. Tonight, they are on the edge. Not sure why this year and not any other? Unless it’s because their Daddy is out? Don’t they know, I wear the trousers in our house? Hahahaha.

 

Oh well, here we are it’s November. Oh, my goodness almost the end of the year. I must say, though we have had some news of surprise in the past couple of weeks with regards my Husband and our Son, it’s been a pretty awful year for me. Just some things, my very good much loved friend from school ended his life in April. Then my dear friend dying just a few weeks ago. This week has been so harsh as I have so badly wanted to call her. I miss her so much. And so much has happened in between, but there has also been something special happened to me this year back in March that is amazing. Though in general, I won’t be sad to see this year  go.

 

So, in South Africa for example, it’s beautiful weather where as we are facing the dark early nights and dull days. Though I do love the winter for the toasty coal fires, hot chocolate and cosy times with my family, I also don’t like how long the winters last. The name November comes from the Latin 9, as November was the ninth month in the roman calendar.

Oh, here are some facts I have been reading about. More people in New York are bitten by people than sharks. Hahaha. Seriously.

 

Did you know that most bamboo species only flower every few decades and no matter of the climate, conditions or country, once one starts to flower, the rest do all around the world at the same time? No one knows why this happens.

Scientists have yet to learn why once one bamboo starts to flower all the rest do all around the world. Then they don’t flower for several decades.

 

The word avocado, comes from the Aztec ahuacacuahatl, which translates to testicle tree.

I never liked avocadoes

 

Well where ever you are in the world, have a peaceful weekend. Write to me let me know what you are or, aren’t, up to? Laters. X

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: