translate

Monday 18 November 2019

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello Bloggets. A busy week. Not working this week just playing.  End of last week, I went to a huge Christmas craft fair with my friends. It was packed. We did the coffee break as one of the ladies Ann has to take a flask and give everyone their very own cup. Mine has palm trees on it. She makes me laugh as she always says the same thing. “Everyone out of four of us has their own cups so if we want another cup, we know whose cup is who’s.””

The funny thing is, there’s never enough coffee left to have another cup. Hahaha. Her heart is big though. I do feel so sorry for her. I think she may get used, though she does have a huge bite if she gets a hold of something. But it’s getting her to get a hold of the right things/people?

 

I bought some beautiful glass Christmas tree ornaments. They are so delicate.

I got some amazing candles. One smells like lemongrass the other is blueberry and vanilla and the third is my favourite, it’s one I bought last year. Gingerbread.

 

It was three stories of Christmas gifts and food. And the top floor is a restaurant. There were thousands of people there. After three hours of shopping, I was exhausted. Oh, it was embarrassing. There was a leather belt stall. I asked the man if he had a belt with a nice buckle. It was for Hub for Christmas. He replied, all our buckles are nice…. Silly man. I asked if he could show me? He said yes. Well, as he handed me a belt, he knocked his whole rack over. Hahahaha. I shouldn’t laugh, but 1, he should be able to hand a belt to someone without knocking his stock over. And 2, he shouldn’t have been cocky about his belt buckles, especially because they were the most boring buckles ever and as for the belts? Oh my, plain and simple. Well I handed him his belt back bending down to him on the ground as the poor man grabbed all of his belts. Normally I would have felt so bad, but I just thought he was arrogant.

 

Oh, there was a lovely man selling some stunning carved driftwood houses. They were fisherman cottages with a small boat and the detail was amazing. But they were tiny. And so expensive.

 Thursday night we went to the pub with our friends and on Saturday out again to watch some live music and have a delicious meal, again with friends. On Sunday, we went with my dear girl Friday to a huge Christmas market. Firstly, though she needed to swap an item of clothing at a shop. When she was otherwise occupied, she left me at the ladies clothing racks. Well I managed to find myself a beautiful warm long winter jumper. It’s so pretty but the best bit is, it’s thick and it was so reasonably priced.

 

The market had a ladies singing group, singing Christmas songs. They were lovely. The smells were stunning. Cinnamon, cloves, oranges and more. My girl Friday was great at describing things to me. She is sweet and we met friends there too. So, a perfect day in fact a full crafty week.

 

Hub and I had a lovely day and spent the evening with our Son and Shamrock.

And now back to normality, a dreadful meeting today and tomorrow. Our plumber on Wednesday and first day out again for fun on Thursday, though not sure where yet. And a quiet three weekends for the next few weeks ahead, no plans. I think we will be wrapping parcels for Christmas.   This is the first year ever I won’t be going crazy over Christmas. Normally the outside of my house is like those American movies we all love. I have everything outside in my front garden. As for my house? It’s like a winter wonderland. But this year is different. There has been so many losses for our little family this year and I’m so not feeling it! Who knows maybe I will change my mind, if you read back at my previous Christmas’s, you will see how I loved our decorating lighting up the street? Our neighbours used to laugh as we can’t see but we had the most lights and decs.

   

I will light a candle for all we have loved and for all those who have gone from our earth life and I think that will be the only light we have on this year. Again, let’s see.

 

December will be full of elections in the UK. God help us.

 

In our news 1 in 10 people over the age of 65 in the UK are at risk of malnutrition. Older people need to take in more calories. Protein is essential!

 

Climate change now. people are being encouraged not to fly abroad for a year. To help our environment. Do you think we are capable to do that? Did you hear about Sweden? They are said to have the best recycling system, so good they have ran out of rubbish. This is brilliant, A lovely proud country to be a part of, though not many people and very wealthy too, so, if any one can do it, they can?

 

That is one of the countries I would love to visit. In the future, far future.

 

Canada has lost 3 billion birds since 1970. Gosh this is really bad.

 

Our Prince Andrew is in deep trouble. Over the weekend, he dug himself in a bigger hole than what he was already in.

 

Hong Kong, gosh what will happen there? It’s like a horror movie watching our news.

 

Today is the birthday of a couple of Bloggets Allen and Honorato and it would have been Sylvia Plath’s 87th birthday too.


Silvia Plath
She was a poet and novelist.  
 died when she was only 30. She was American but came to England to live and it is there where she is now buried. Sadly, she ended her own life. After so many, too many years of deep depression


 

I studied her when I was taking my English exam and though she didn’t write my style of poetry, I adored her work, those who know me, will understand why I like Plath’s poetry, its dark and deep. My kind of poem, just not style.

Well wherever you are Sylvia, I hope you are now happy.

Eating the nicest birthday cake and making wishes and dreams come true.

 

If it’s your birthday today, happy birthday to you too!

 

 

 
 

  

 

 

  

No comments: