translate

Tuesday 22 October 2019

L A TO LULLABY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello dear Bloggets. How are you all doing? Well I am hoping that tomorrow I will know what my life has in store for me and mine, as I am visiting a very well recommended spiritualist. She doesn’t know me and I have only heard of her. She knows nothing about me at all. I’m quite prepared not to have anything positive about my experience on my return but I am open minded enough to receive anything from what some call the spirit world as well. Out with my friend today for coffee and cake I told her of my plan for tomorrow. She isn’t impressed. She is a Christian and I think she thinks I am a devil worshiper…. Quite the opposite. I believe in angels and spirit for sure. Hub and I have gone through so much pain with the loss of our dear friend Kinzie over the past few weeks I am hoping to hear she is OK. I would love to hear from those I love and have lost like my Dad, Mum and Mother in law. Today would have been my Mum in laws 80th birthday. Hub and I miss her very much. I got on so well with her and she was so kind to me.

 

Gosh it’s so hard without our friend too. Life this year has thrown a lot of stones at us and there is huge change to come in our future I am sure.

 

Our Son is having a fantastic holiday in L A. We have been really impressed in his ability of independence for someone so young. He drove to our capital. It took him over five hours. He did his eleven hour flight and picked up his car. Apparently, it’s huge. He then drove it to his apartment where he is staying for the week. The next day, he drove 21 miles for his first adventure which sounded fantastic. I can see him living somewhere like that. For the job he is doing in the UK, he would get over $70 which is so much more than what he gets in the UK. It’s a lovely lifestyle out there too, but expensive to live there.

 

He has done so much this week. It has amazed me how he knows how to get about. The weather has been beautiful out there and he said the vegan restaurants have been delicious and there are plenty of them. Much better than in England.

 

The real scary thing he did was he went to a firing range where he shot three types of guns. Oh, my, I hate that. Where has his fascination come from for guns? I am so against them. He absolutely loves them.

 

My Son is so obsessed with guns it must be in his genes. Being adopted I really don’t have a clue of what we should be like. I know my Son and I are passionate about animal welfare and he is so dedicated to fitness…. Even in America he visited muscle beach or bay whatever you call it.

 

He has done the Hollywood trail too and took a bike along Santa Monica beach. He visited Hollywood Boulevard, The walk of Fame, a tour of Paramount Studios and Griffith Observatory

 Have been just some of the places of interest he has visited.

 

Our Sons bedroom is all done now it’s lovely his new carpet got fitted the other day by a company called Tapi carpets. The price was fantastic for the quality and the fitters were so professional and really tidy.

 

Well another waisted day as far as Brexit is concerned. Looks like we are not leaving the European Union on the 31st like promised. What a mess.

 

And now, something that boiled my blood today as I listened to our news. The oldest prisoner in the UK jail is one hundred and four. Apparently, there are more and more over fifty year olds in our prisons now and there are complaints saying that the POOR, for my screen readers, I put the word Poor in capitals, in other words I’m not serious about them being poor. But that is what the news article said. Poor prisoners are suffering as there are not enough staff to look after their needs. Well I’m sorry,

 not,

 but who looks after people who are aging and need help who have never done a bad thing in their lives? It was also reported that prisoners are seeing the other prisoners dying in front of them and it is affecting their mental health. And what about the people those prisoners have inflicted pain on the outside world? People they have killed or raped or abused? It’s different if they are in jail for other reasons like fraud or so-called petty crimes, but I guess if you are over 100, you have been in for a while and you are in for a reason that isn’t petty. Our prisons in the UK are really out of hand now. Hub and I have been watching a great documentary about our jails and they are like hells kitchen. I feel for the wardens who are paid a pathetic amount of money to watch such people risking their lives to be honest. They are not paid nearly enough. Our Police aren’t either. I have said it before and I will again, but our footballers get ridiculous amounts of money for what they do and then we have prison wardens, police and fire fighters as well as ambulance workers, who get not even a quarter of what they should be on.

 

This year there doesn’t seem to be half as many fireworks as there was last year and the years before that. Thankfully. It’s coming up to Guy Fawkes night in the UK. November the 5th is a big event for us. But normally fireworks start weeks before. So dangerous, apart from the animal’s creatures like hedgehogs and birds, cats and dogs, I feel for the fire fighters who are worked so much more leading up to that night. And for what? not nearly enough money for sure.

 

Well on that grump I feel I should end on some smiley news.

My neighbour text me earlier to tell me he answered his door this morning and was punched in the face by a 6 feet beetle.

Apparently, there is a nasty bug going around at the moment…

Smile….

Little things please me…

Wherever you are having a lovely day or night time. It’s bedtime here for normal people… I’m far from normal. But if it is time for your blanket show, rest tonight and allow your dreams to wash over your mind giving you thoughts so fresh for tomorrow.

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: