translate

Thursday 14 May 2020

A CHAT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. The sun is shining the air is still clean and it’s coo’oo’oo’oo’oold. Last weekend my skin burned in the garden now I am wearing jumpers.

 

Another week has come its clap for care tonight again. Our weekly outing at our front door where we shout hello to our neighbours. I always clap for those amazing delivery guys too who bring our post, and shopping. I honestly do not know what we would have done without them. They are my hero’s. and they are so very kind and caring. So, tonight staff from Ocado and Tesco, my hands will be applauding you.

 

Before some fun, just a public notice please. If you see someone with a guide dog or white cane in your area where you are, please still shout hello to them and remember they may not know you are talking to them, but if they hear you, they will be so grateful I’m sure and if they are trying to cross a busy road, they  may need help, but obviously in this terrible time we  are having to be forced into, we can’t be too close to others, so if you just say in a voice where they can hear you, do you need help crossing the road, then you can let them know when it’s safe to cross from a distance. Staff who are in shops, if you see someone with a guide dog or cane, please keep the distance but ask if you can get them anything or let them follow you with their dog, keep talking to them so they know where you are, hey can do their best in keeping their distance and if they hear where you are, then it’s easier to follow you. If you need to stop, then please just tell the person behind you that you are stopping and they, will too.

 

Please good people, we need your help to get us out of this awful prison we find ourselves in. just as our wonderful public were just getting used to us, the Blindies, you know, those people who are so different to the sighted kind of beings? Joking, we are you, only our eyes are broken. Or behind our eyes in my case. No, you cheeky lot, not my brain…. haha.

 

Listening to our broadcast from our lovely hard-working Government last night, we did find our blood pressure was raised. So, we can go into a stranger’s house, to view a property we may need to buy, but we can’t have the kids we gave birth to who don’t live with us in our house. Their family homes. Our children can go back to school next month but Grandparents can’t see them in their house. It’s killing me as you all know not being able to hug my Son and I have not seen Shamrock forever. It seems.

 

Just a few questions for you before we get on to the next subject.

What is the most curious letter in the Alphabet?

Answer? Go on, take a guess, this one is easy….

 

 (Y)

 

What can you hold, without ever touching it?

Again easy, well, because I have the answer in front of me, otherwise, this would have taken me some time to answer, but I think I would eventually. Come on, take a guess? Read it again. What can you hold, without ever touching it?

 

 And now, for the answer?

A conversation…

 

I love this one, it’s so cute.

I don’t have wings, yet I can fly, I don’t have eyes though I can cry. What am I?

A cloud.

Sweet that one isn’t it?

 

So many of my friends are making their gardens so beautiful. Still and I think forever, the rose will be the most popular flower to grow in England. The red rose is the symbol of England. I love the smell of roses but don’t like the thorns on them. We have one in our front garden, oh it’s so sweet. Hub butchers it every year cuts it right down to the ground and every year it comes back smiling and boasting of its beauty. I love it. We can even smell it in our back garden.

 

Dwarf candytufts otherwise known as fairy mixed.

Oh, these sounds lovely, the colours are amazing. Silver, lilac and maroon and deep red almost purple.

 

Persian carpet, oh just like a carpet, these are gorgeous. Colours include gold, apricot, purple, cream, orange and rose and as well as being beautiful, they smell stunning but they are for spring only.

 

Talking of spring, yep, my mind is off on one again. How did I come to this subject? Well, when it is spring here it is winter in South Africa. Hahaha. Yes, maybe you are still wondering how I came to this subject, as am I to be honest, but my dearest friend from SA, was telling me today of the new virus rules over there. Oh, my goodness. They soon will be allowed to go shopping after lockdown, but they will only be allowed to buy certain kinds of bedding, and not for the garden, see, there is a connection. Hahahaha also they can only buy sweaters/jumpers, but not trousers, boots and long-legged Pyjamas. Oh, my Lordie.

What if they need shoes? So, are they expected to go out for their daily exercise in jumpers but not trousers?

 

My sweet friend and our Blogget in SA, has a stunning garden, it sounds so peaceful. Most of my friends have lovely gardens too. I would love one. But one I can start myself not one that is established.

 

Just as I am envious of my friends who are amazing in their gardens or have beautiful gardens, such as our Blogget and friend Carrie, her fingers were green before she discovered paints and Crayola. I love those of you who upcycle. In other words, get other people’s trash and turn them into useful or even better, stunning items. Gosh if I could see I think I would really be into that. Like painting furniture for example, I think if I had sight I would never ever be bored.

 

Do you like going to second hand show rooms/shops? Auction houses? I love them. Why is that I mean why do I like old things? Apart from my Husband, he is not old…… not yet.

 

Let’s take a look at some funny things that have sold in auction.

The balloon dogs. A huge orange dog made from balloons. A ten-foot sculpture created by an artist in America. Jeff Koons. This sold for 58.4 million dollars. Shocking what a waist of money. I mean, it would deflate?

 

John Lennon’s tooth that he gave to his house keeper in the UK, sold for 30 thousand pounds almost $32,000

For a tooth? Gross who would even buy that? Mind you, who would buy a load of balloons too.

 

Elvis’s underwear sold for $8,000 but his bible almost £100,000 shocking. Some people have more money than sense.

 

A slice of our queen Elizabeth wedding cake that was 65 years old sold too. The original cake in full stood at 9 feet tall and used ingredients from Australia and South Africa. So, for the one slice, how much did someone pay for that? £758 about $950

 

Gosh… that was in 2015 I wonder where it is now and how much it would get in auction today?

 

Oh, I love this, a lovely lady to thank for these notes left by the British public. You know we have milk men? this is a man in a cart who drives around the neighbourhoods and delivers milk, eggs, yogurts etc, and in the days of glass bottles, we used to leave a note in the empty bottles that got recycled long before recycling became popular. For example, please leave an extra pint of milk on Friday. Well, here is a small collection of notes that have been left to milk men in the past.

“I’ve just had a baby, please leave another one!””

Please leave a bottle of paralysed milk!”” haha, they meant pasteurised.

“my back door is open, please leave milk in fridge, money is in cup but please leave change in 20p pieces because we want to play bingo tonight.”” But my favourite one is

“Please leave no milk at number 14 either because he is dead until further notice.””

Hahahaha. Until further notice? Is he going to come back alive?

 

OK I shall leave you in peace. Breathe fresh air and try to stay calm. Just as nothing good lasts forever, neither does anything bad.

(So I’m told) hahaha.

 

 

No comments: