translate

Tuesday 17 March 2020

CORONA DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hi Bloggets, last week,  whilst the wind and rain threaten the sky with snow, I did wonder where spring went to and asked myself if it got lost, and from last week to now? gosh,   as this morning I heard a lonely bird singing its beautiful song, the sun Shon so warm which was a relief  Not what I wanted later on in the day as I got soaked through when the sun turned into clouds and the heavens opened to once again wash the earth as if to cleanse our land.

 

And talking of cleansing our land, wow, how much has changed for us all this week. What is happening? Could it be the start of the end of the world? Is it some experiment from China that has been released? Why are China not holding their hands up and apologising for their murders? Why do other countries have to suffer because of whatever they have done? Or, is it Gods way of slowing down the planet and making us all take a look at life and revalue what is important to us in the meanwhile, there are few flights, so our skies are without pollution, less people are travelling by car to airports and train stations? Less people on our roads in their cars and we are to stay with our family now, possibly communicate? Go back to what it was like in the good old days when parents had time for their children and actually had to use their imagination to entertain the little darlings rather than send them off to a child minder or other member of the family.

 

Is it time to appreciate elderly people? Realise just how important they are in our lives?

 

Whilst out in my front garden today, the smells were so different. It could be because spring is on its way, or is already, the air cleaner?

 

If you think about it, the start of the year right up till a couple of weeks ago in the UK, floods damaged our country and winds all over the world bashed our beings. Four weekends in a row, our city had awful floods. I said at the time, the devil has arrived. And for some now, he still visits as he takes the lives of loved ones, but let’s hope this is a cruel lesson for us all I just fear that as humans, we will never learn, but this could be an education.

 

 Again, a third day in a row I tried to purchase hand gel from our huge supermarket and other smaller shops. The lady told me today she started work at 8 a.m. and the shelves where there was hand gel were totally empty. Also, have you seen the prices of toilet rolls? If, you can get them again limited stocks are in our shops.

 

I went on Amazon and typed in toilet roll and I got loads of notifications saying out of stock, then I was offered wait for this?

Bedding sheets…

And then cat food.

But then we were back to the essential loo roll. But it was one and one only, with the face of Donald Trump… and it was £10 per roll. To put it in perspective, we pay on average, 60p there are 100 hundred pennies in one pound.

 

Thankfully our little Shamrock came to the rescue, bringing us supplies, so we didn’t have to send for the bed sheets, or, the cat food?

 

What has that got to do with well, going to the toilet?

Don’t answer that.

Yesterday I went into a large department store and it was 3 pm I was told I was the third customer that day. It was like a ghost town.

 

I, wonder which country will be the first to come up with the treatment to treat Corona virus?

So, the symptoms? A cough and a temperature. Flu like symptoms. Face masks are OK to help to stop others catching the virus if you have it, but won’t stop you from catching it by wearing one. By the time you fiddle with your face mask, after touching your face you have the virus on your fingers. After Touching a table in the restaurant or a door handle where someone with the corona virus has touched before you then you put your fingers/hands to your face without washing your hands or using a good gel, that is how it’s spread. The virus is found in droplets. Most people will be okay if they do catch the virus. But for those at risk, those who are not so strong or who have conditions for example asthma this can be dangerous.

 

So, what do we now all do? Keep clean, carry handkerchiefs and if you have to use them, throw them away safely then wash your hands. Use gel if you can’t get next to soap and water.

 

By wipes for things like phones or computers.

 

I do wonder if China will give all the countries who are affected money?

 

And finally  if you are going on holiday abroad, please check out your insurance and if you don’t have any, get it fast if you can because I heard that in England, some insurance companies, are actually stopping insuring people who are travelling abroad, those who have insurance, check that you are covered for corona virus.

 Having said that, if you still can get a flight, what will be the point of travelling as when you get to wherever, you won’t be able to do anything, as everything will be closed down. Have you ever known a time when churches are closed? Even in war, churches were open.

 

 

 

Better weather shouldn’t be long coming then I hope we are all in a better place by then and this has been a part of our history we will talk about but we will have survived the awful virus or whatever it is, don’t get me started with my conspiracy.

 

My Hub has had a really bad couple of weeks at work, he got up the other day, at 5 in the morning to get to the train station for six. To be told his train was cancelled. And here we are 11 in the evening, he walked through the door after eight tonight 12 hours after leaving home, he ate his meal I cooked then he has worked ever since. I guess he will close his lap top soon, I think he has worked about 32 hours this week so far and its only Tuesday. My Hub is like his brother, they for sure have the genes of hard workers.

 

Whilst my Husband has been working, I have been trying to sort out plumbers… my heating is now on, I am grateful it cost a lot though to get a guy out for twenty minutes. I’m not sure how plumbers can charge so much money to do a simple job, but I guess they have a huge call out charge before any work is done so we are led to think that price is for a simple job.

 

Before the world went crazy, I went to the pictures with my friends, four of us went to see a film called Emma. A real classic. Before modern day producers got a hold of it.

All four of us were, looking forward to seeing it.

All four of us at one point during the movie fell asleep.

I have never done that in my life.

At one point my lovely friend turned to me just after she had found herself in a state of slumber, she asked me with concern.

“Oh no, I fell asleep. Did I miss anything?”” to which my response was.

“Don’t worry love. It’s fine.””

 

Because I am lucky enough to have provided earphones with audio description, I really enjoyed the beauty of the setting, but the story was trashed. Still I’m glad I got out and great company as it will be a while before that happens again.

Take care please

Stay safe and well.

 

 

 

 

   

No comments: