translate

Tuesday 4 February 2020

POLAND PETS AND HOPE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s late or early, depending on your thoughts. Time is chasing shadows turning the hands of the clock to 2 a.m.

How long will we be in this world with hands that tell time? I can’t imagine our beautiful buildings from so many years ago that are still standing tall and proud with digital clocks on their faces. I know it’s so expensive to maintain clocks from yesteryear, but we must, to preserve beauty, history and respect.

 

My house is silent apart from the odd snoring coming from my dog and the creaking from my house as it tries to sleep by cooling down from the heating that has been on all day in our bitter cold winter, though it’s truly tropical comparison to years gone by.

 

My Son is in Poland on holiday and it’s coltish and wet there. No snow and not much different to the weather in England. Again, going back ten years, he wouldn’t be experiencing the same kind of temperatures.

 

All he seems to have done so far is eat. He is in shock just how inexpensive the food is there. And lots of vegan places to choose from I tell you, places abroad put our country to shame for vegans as there is much more abroad than in the UK.

 

Oh, his apartment where he is staying sounds so lovely, really posh. And full of niceties. A robe, slippers and tea coffee and cream. He arranged for his girlfriend to have roses and champagne as well as chocolates on her arrival. He is so kind to her.

 

On his return, he shall pick up the key to his brand-new house after a couple of days he will be back working every hour God allows.

 

My Husband will return home later on tomorrow night after three long days away. I have enjoyed the time to write as I love to write during the night as I become this free spirit with a different outlook and a brave mind.

 

It’s so quiet, peaceful. No cars pass no voice in my avenue of assorts. No dogs barking and it’s calm out there so no chimes from my bells outside. I’m sure to my neighbour’s delight.

 

By the way, did you know the human eye who can see colours, can distinguish more shades of green than any other colour?

Just saying, thought I may as well put that bit of totally useless information in here. Haha. I wonder why we have two parts to our eyes as in upper and lower eyelids? Why not just one closure?

Just wondering?

 

Talking of eyes, here is a great link. From blindness to sight


 

My little Waggatail of a guide dog worked so well yesterday. We went to the big shops of course we had to head towards our pet shop first. My little somewhat confused and traffic shy dog becomes a totally different guide dog when she is near her favourite shop. Even if I don’t want to go in there, we do. Even if I dare to suggest we go to another shop first, nope, it’s not happening. she passes by all of the shops to get to her place of paradise. And God help anyone who gets in her way. She is on a mission and of course Mummy has to buy a toy or two and treats when I’m in there. She likes to say hello to the other animals in there and volunteer at cleaning up the pet store to keep it tidy for all other dogs that enter the shop. To their disappointment, they know the Wagging one has been in before them as the floor is total treat free.

 

I guess I should try to sleep now. though to be honest I really am buzzing to write so much more, but I have to be up early in the morning. Until later, stay safe, proud and grateful for small pleasures.

 

No comments: