translate

Thursday 6 August 2020

DREAMS DO COME TRUE

DREAMS DO COME TRUE BY FIONA CUMMINGS I have dreamed of him, almost all of my life In my slumber, I would be his wife But in reality, I didn’t stand a chance He had a family, no room for a new romance I learned through a friend, his world was pretend His laughter during the day, by night would end He prayed his pain would go away, but his kindness he had to lend His wife was a taker, he was a lamb to the slaughter He needed setting free, released from his jailor Who would do that? Would it be me? What did I have to offer him but my heart? But he knew that from the start What could I give him other than my life? A peaceful way of living, I would keep giving But how could I get him to believe in me I could set him free If only he would come to me Where would I start, other than words from my heart Love in his life, for the first time ever A promise he would find light, in his world without colour If we only live once, then allow choice Look to the stars, and rejoice Follow the rainbow and find that pot of gold Metaphorically of course As you can’t buy love, it can’t be forced He needed to put his trust in me To turn away from poison he called family Was I ready to take on this challenge? To except the revenge To fight for, to defend To pull towards me something that was tenacious To open his heart to life full of tenderness To wipe his mind of words so verminous To show him he could be courageous I would have to be strong As I believe he and I belong as one Two halves that were parted In another lifetime Broken hearted But now was our time If you believe in something strong enough Go for it, never give up © Fiona Cummings

No comments: