translate

Monday 19 March 2018

WHAT YOU FEEL #PoetryByFionaCummings


WHAT YOU FEEL

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

What to say what to do

Whispering words trying not to give a clue

Fact is I don’t know what to say

To help you

Support you in your every need

As if you’re a  child I put a bandage on your bleed

Hypothetically speaking of course

Where to go and how far shall we travel?

Which track to take as if a barrel

Being led by a horse

You won’t take advice what do I, know

But my life has given me years

I can prevent most of your tears

Back on that horse and cart and steer

Just keeping you not too far but near

Just enough rains to keep you right

As you venture in the navy night

The world is exciting waiting for you

The sandy beaches with oceans of blue

Subjects of taboo

Winning words of wise old women

Remembering to take rather than just giving

But stopping at taking and never sharing

Be caring

But don’t let them walk over you

Be true

Feel your insides talk to you

As your soul has done a journey on earth before

Possible in the shell of another

Let your engine chugger

And may your life be full of sugar

Every day sweetener

Pulling out the winning ticket at the tombola

But being full of gratitude

Never being rude

Polite to those who are polite to you

Give time to others who aren’t sure which direction to take

Just listen to me as I can tell real and fake

Don’t make the same mistake

Sleep peacefully whilst the guilty stay awake

And drink the sun when others sleep

Keep healthy to climb those hills so steep

Don’t trip on life’s bumps or heaps

Just stop from time to time and hear my words

You’ll find them in the songs of the birds

In the swaying of the branches

Don’t take unnecessary chances

If something seems too good

Don’t be tricked

Take time and thought for food

Keep dry in the silver rain under your hood

And warm by a fire in winters splinters

Shade from the sun

Enjoy the fun

Walk don’t run

Count before you answer a difficult question

Your world is your expansion

Your castle is your mansion

Your words will be your passion

And through it all

If you ever fall

I will be here to lift you up

So once again

You can stand tall

Write words by pen

To clinch your deal

Remembering to go with what you feel

 

© Fiona Cummings

To my beautiful Son. I will forever be here for you.

 

No comments: