translate

Wednesday 21 March 2018

WEDNESDAYS WORDS OF WISDOM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Yesterday was the first day of Spring and it does feel like it. It’s rained here but that nice kind of rain, the kind you think, this is good for our gardens and wildlife. The kind that is so very gentle as if the angels are bathing us… In kisses and blessings.   Yesterday and today is so sunny. It’s still cold though but odd as the sun is hot. Kind of like those spa’s you can go to where by you enter an icy cool pool then into hot water. Well, if I can’t have that, I shall stand in my garden for two minutes until the cold gets to my bones…

 

What season is best to get on a trampoline?

Spring time…

I, know, it’s bad, but thanks to Julie for making me chuckle with that.

 

I’m going through an (I, don’t want to know) moment right now, the words before from my Hub. Haha, he either ignores my conversation on this subject or says. “I, don’t want to know””

A spiritual time. Something is in the air. My Mother in Law came through yesterday for less than two seconds and last night my Mum for three seconds. In my kitchen my Mother in law the smell of the most beautiful roses. And, in my living room my Mum, the awful smell of cigarettes. Whenever my Mum in law comes to me now, I get comfort but followed by oh, heck, no… When she used to come through, through where not sure, it’s just an expression I use like others do, as not knowing the correct lingo to use as none of us really truly understands what the heck we feel, see, hear, smell or feel. I used to get comfort as the feeling I got with her was one of it’s going to be OK. But then she visited me for a week. And one day at the end of the week, wow, the smell of roses was so very strong and I even turned the the fragrance and said hello to her but as soon as I speak to whatever it is I feel, whatever it is, goes. But that day my darling Black Beauty had to be put to sleep. My first guide dog. A year almost to the day later, for two days she came back, my Mother in law, and on the third day again, the smell was so strong and that day was the day Hub had to get his dear Long Chops put to sleep. AKA Hannah and Suki. She hasn’t really been back enough to make me think since. I have had a brief smell of roses but it’s not been around long enough to get me wondering. But yesterday afternoon, it was very strong. I turned to my Waggatail, and said a prayer I only hope she is back to tell us everything is going to be OK.  My Mum? She hardly comes to me. She did a couple of weeks ago and I won’t tell you of my experience or you will send for the men in white coats, but it was very comforting. I’m a real coward but when my Mum and in law comes through, I am so calm.

 

Seriously, my dream is to sit near some water surrounded by fields of strawberry plants and lemon trees in the South of France, just sipping on a coffee writing to you. Instead I am in my Livingroom with the sounds of the dishwasher in the background, police cars whizzing by and two dog toys on my knee along with my lap top and my dog is playing with her noisiest toy and she keeps bringing it to me resting it on my lap top I have to keep deleting words as she has pressed the keys. One day when she does that, I should let her, and publish what she writes. Hahaha.

 

Just briefly I get regular emails asking me how I manage to write my blogs if I’m blind. Old Bloggets will know this but I use a software called Jaws which is very expensive but for me is the best out there. I can touch type too. Every key I press reads the letters out. I take no notice of each letter until I have published what I want to say and then it is too late it’s out there. I got corrected by a gent the other day as I wrote wrested rather than rested. For my Bloggets who are using screen readers, that is wrested with a W, and rested with an R… Thanks to Mr. M… Keep me right. Having said that, I also thought, oh, boy, if he is about to correct all of my mistakes on every one of my blogs, he may be there a while… Believe it or not I received an A, in English and when I have to write papers or something that requires a brain, I can do it, but I’m chatting right now to you so I’m relaxed… I do have a lot of students of English around the world and sometimes I do have to think twice, but they stick with me so either I am doing something right, or, they are using my English as an example how not to write Haha.

See, how English can be difficult, those two words, right and write? Spelled totally differently but pronounced the same. Right with an R meaning to turn that direction or you are correct/you are right.

 And to write something with a W writing a letter.

 

OK, it’s Wednesday, so some wisdom at last? From others of course. Smile.

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”

Lau Tzu

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.””

Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

I asked on Facebook what subject to write about tomorrow, so, let’s see what people say?

 

 

 

 

   

No comments: