translate

Friday 23 March 2018

SIMPLY THE BEST @FionaPefi


Good day Bloggets. Thank you so much for your responses to my blog yesterday. I’m honoured you read my blogs it always amazes me how many countries take time out to pop into the Fifi life, smile.

 

Last night we went to the pub quiz. Oh, we were as rubbish as ever. We certainly don’t let the team down by lack of our knowledge. The proprietor was proud to announce to us that there is no picture quiz this week.

Great, we are in for a chance. Right?

Wrong.

So, the ten questions were to name the top ten most populated cities around the world.

My Husbands last job was Head of International Development which meant that he went to so many countries I have said before the last three months he worked there, he visited twenty countries in those twelve weeks. So, he should have a rough idea on this subject, right?

Wrong!

We got 4 out of ten. They were as follows.  Shanghai, Beijing, Delhi and Tokyo. Other cities were Osaka, Mexico City Which Hub said but wasn’t written down obviously the pen holder mustn’t have agreed. Mumbai, New York and other cities I have never even heard of I’m sure the quiz master makes things up as he goes along. Haha. Bless him.

 

There were 54 questions all together I won’t embarrass myself by telling you how many the four of us got. It was our worst week by far.

 

As ever the lovely coal fire was lit it was warm and cosy and the punters were friendly, I wish it was closer to home and we could pop in one night just for the atmosphere.

 

My poor Son is working right over Easter and it looks like he is opening and or, closing every day too. That will be three weeks he has done that without a break and the boss said he only puts people on three days per week opening or, closing, yeah right, it’s a joke.

 

I do hope he finds a new job soon. I hate it when bosses are unfair and BW’s boss is a disgrace I don’t care if he is reading this right now. He’s a shambles. And he knows why too. Loose lips, yep, he knows all about that.

 

My heart goes out to France. Once again evil strikes and people have unnecessarily died. I feel for the murderers Mother if I have heard correctly as she was at the scene of the final murders, I would hope trying to change his mind. She is without her Son now and for that reason I feel for her. But the victims’ families, there are no words I expect from now on, their lives will never be the same, and what did they, do to him? The South of France is warmly in my heart as Hub, our Son and myself spent two wonderful holidays there.

 

I hope Europe and the UK are going to stay as close as we have been over the Russian incident! We belong together.

 

Now part of today’s subject, dating etiquette around the world, how it differs.

In Spain I’m told on great authority, you say hello with a kiss on each cheek. And, you don’t talk about religion or politics. Splitting the bill is the norm. different to Brazil where the gent will pick up the bill.

 

Sweden a verbal word is better than a hug or kiss especially if you are new to each other. The Swedish people, I’m told, don’t normally go for a meal on their first date but meet for a coffee or beer, I like that. Now, Russia, this is where I can clarify at least this part is true. Whoever initiated the date greets the other normally if the guy has done this he will kiss the ladies hand. If it’s him who has asked the lady out, he also pays the bill and makes sure the lady get’s home safely either by walking her back or, arranging a taxi for her. Oh, I could write a book on my experiences with a couple of Rusky Russians.

But I won’t….

Not yet any way!

 

It’s written that ASOS, is the most desirable company to work for in the UK, my Sons favourite place to shop, it’s on line for him and until recently, he has had no trouble with but for the past six weeks he has gone through hell with them and their serious lack of aftercare. They took his money, didn’t deliver the goods, removed vouchers he had and now are messing with him saying they will pay the money due but it never appears. He has emails has made countless calls to the company and is getting nowhere. If a manager in ASOS is reading this, please get your act together this is not good for business. It’s theft basically. When, if, this is resolved, I shall gladly report so. But in the meanwhile, I would urge people to be very careful with them. As I said BW had no problem with them until six weeks ago but the stress they have put on him is not good and it’s a lot of money.

 

  The BBC came second best place to work followed by Apple, JP Morgan,McKinsey and company.

HSBC, Amazon, L’Oréal, Selfridges group and a couple of banks.

Gosh, interesting. So, if I could work for any of those companies, it would have to be the BBC.

 

Now, my lovely friend and Blogget Bill lead me to a link today the top happiest countries to live in the world, so, let’s see where they are according to the United Nations.

Number one, Finland. The Nordic countries did well like Norway and Denmark.

 There isIceland, Switzerland, Netherlands   but Canada came seventh. Australia tenth The US dropped to 18th place I couldn’t find England, oddly, Haha, strange as this is where most people end up who are wanting to move abroad, obviously we must all be miserable so and so’s!

 

Before I go I hope you have a lovely weekend. Sending hope your way, get ready to catch it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

No comments: