translate

Monday 5 March 2018

DIARY OF WORDS SCIENCE AND NEWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I wanted to share with you some words my friends have said over the past few days, either verbally or written. One friend said this is from an ancient philosopher

Always have your woman by your side because if she is in front of you, she may trip you. If she is behind you, she may stab you!

 

God gave us friends because we couldn’t choose our relatives. Hahaha. I love that.

 

Well my baby has arrived to his holiday destination. All I know is his hotel is lovely and he has found a restaurant that sells vegetarian food. I did feel for him the other day when he said. I have come to terms that if you are a vegetarian, you will never enjoy a meal out again… I have to three quarter agree with him. At the place we went to the other day for his birthday, there was loads of choice it was a tapas restaurant. Lots of things, shapes sizes and cooked differently with textures that were not alike. But, all tasted the same, everything was alike. Plain tasting.

 

It’s eleven o clock in the evening. My Husband is in our gym. For the second time. That’s dedication. He’s put on 3 lbs this week. Well after our tapas meal, when we thought we were going to get our food in ramekin dishes, so, ordered four starters, and four main courses

Each.

And in fact, the small dishes turned out to be large square plates, so at one point, for the four of us, we had 32 plates on our table, we were rather full. Especially Hub and Sham as they had meat dishes and they were full meals, vegetarians again, suffered and had, basically, cheese.

 But I wouldn’t swap being a vegetarian for the world.

 

I’m pleased to say our shower room is working well and a great guy fitted it. About time we found good workmen. He’s an honest guy works hard and is so pleasant.

He asked if the birthday balloons were our daughters. We said no, we don’t have a daughter. He then said when he came last time some years ago to fit our main bathroom, there was a girl. I really don’t know who that would be. I said it may have been our sons ex. She was tall blond and pretty could have passed as my son’s sister I guess. I didn’t tell him I’m glad that one was the girl from another world no one would wish to visit. She had the looks height and figure, but old Bloggets will remember what a dreadful time we all had with her. She was the gf from hell. And it was three years of our lives we won’t get back.

 

In our news today, a former Russian spy is critical in hospital after exposure to substance.

Tens of thousands of starfish have washed up on a British beach following extreme change in temperature.

A Bangladeshi has been arrested after stripping and doing worse things on a KL-Dhaka flight.

Can you believe this? Facebook asked users if they wanted child grooming to be allowed on the site?

Oh, my goodness. I’m appalled they even asked. Makes me wonder about the person who decided to ask such a question. I hope that is fake news, because whoever gave the green light for such a question in my opinion, needs investigating.

Professor Stephen Hawking says he knows what happened before the big bang. Really Prof? And how, were you there?

The big bang that happened 13.8 billion years ago, can be read below. To be honest, science was, never, and never will be my subject. I mean, I’m so interested in this subject, but after the first paragraph, my brain went into meltdown. So, if you have a brain that is switched onto words that mean nothing to me, please read the article here.


     

No comments: