translate

Friday 16 March 2018

DIARY OF FRIDAY'S FUN WITH FIFI BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning dear Bloggets. I hope I find you well? It’s Friday, end of the working week for some. I have noted though that it’s getting to the way of life that there is no longer a working week, as all of our shops etc are and, have been open on a Sunday for a long time. Most if not all businesses are, open on a Saturday too. Shops etc are open longer. Gone the days of a family Sunday dinner around the table. In England it’s tradition to eat Roast beef dinner with Yorkshire puddings. The frozen world has even made it so we don’t have to wait until one day per week to make them, we just open a freezer door and hey ho!

 

My Son finishes work at half eight tonight and after wolfing down his meal, he will change and go to a 21st birthday party. It’s that time of year, he kicked it off a couple of weeks ago and all his pals now play catch up. He’s walking to his friend’s house. It’s going to be pouring with rain. It’s times like this I just wish I could drive. I would take him. It’s only a fifteen-minute walk, but it will be dark and wet. It’s odd as the lad is Boy Wonders friend, but Sham BW’s girlfriend is heading of to the party earlier. She’s three years younger so wasn’t in his school year or the year before even, but she’s a friendly gal, so will make herself comfortable. I just hope he’s sensible as he starts work at 6 in the morning. Shamrock has the day off and she loves her drink. So, I doubt there will be a caring sensible head telling BW to get home to bed…

 

Last night we went to the pub quiz. We did OK. Hub worked it out, we got 60% haha, believe me, that’s good for us. Our friend has a degree and Hub three, and between us four, seriously, we are rubbish. But I do love the atmosphere. I’m sure the place needs a good decorator and hasn’t seen a duster for a while… but the coal fire is always welcoming as are the staff and locals.  The drinks are awful, seriously dreadful. I’m not a drinker I hate the stuff and looking back, my first visit there last year I must have looked like a fish out of water. I asked for a Pineapple and Malibu!!! Well, the pub went quiet you could have heard a pin drop… So, I had a coke.

The coke is so bad as is the orange, not really juice, as there’s nothing juicy about it it doesn’t even taste like diluted. The only thing I can liken it to is the you know the powders you can buy and add water? Kind of space drinks. Yep. Pure awful. I have tried the lemonade. Nope, not happening and even the lime and lemon… Just fizzy water. The only thing I can drink there is something called peach schnapps with lemonade. Again, really horrid, a tiny taste of peach, I guess, and fizzy water.

 

They always put supper out, that makes it even more homely. They don’t announce food on the bar, they actually say supper. The fires crackling it’s cosy warm and people chat to each other.  It’s tiny and close enough for everyone to get that community feeling. Suppers are really funny. It’s like whatever has been on offer at Asda that day. Sometimes it’s Pizza’s and they are delicious. So, a slice. Sometimes it’s hot dog in a bread roll. Last night was cold pasta with cheese and onion… The meat eaters had a small sausage roll with it… When it’s things like hot dogs, the sweet lady behind the bar, to which her job title slips my mind right now, makes me a baked potatoes or cheese pasty… The first week we went it was really funny food, chicken nuggets… Haha, like you would give to your seven-year-old and other days she makes a huge dish of chilli. I’m waiting for a slice of toast… Or, a dish of cereal. But if it was proper food, we would have to pay loads more for our tickets. And, it wouldn’t be the same. Its quirky and I love it.

 

We are back tonight. It’s a charity night where there is going to be games… not sure what kind of games as the room is minuscule. And of course, with it being for charity, there’s a raffle. We were all asked around Christmas time to bring in any unwanted gifts we may have received. Hahaha. So, not sure I’m fussed to win, but you never know, someone else’s is OMG, may be my WOW yes please.  

 

The Little Fella was sick at work yesterday, Hub was on a conference call when he heard that sound no dog owner wants to hear… A lovely member of staff hurried LF outside where he chucked up a ball of fluff…. So, last night he was quiet, and when Hub let him out at silly hour this morning, LF took himself back to bed. Whereas my Waggatail, she was at the front door waiting for Hub to take her haha. So, this poor sad ill Puppy dog.

Ill, my foot.

He’s driving me crazy. It’s doggy day care here and they have all the toys out. LF is chasing Waggatail around the room and wood floors with doggy claws, sounds like I’m in a bus shelter in the pouring rain.

 

Oh, must tell you this. I watched a program a few weeks ago about getting rid of cellulite. The ladies had special brushes they massaged their bits and bobs with. So, I bought one as the results were fantastic. 75% disappeared over a couple of weeks. Good old Amazon. Well. All I can say is, I didn’t expect a miracle, but I also didn’t expect to look like I have been involved in a cat fight.

Oh, my. The scratches on my legs are the equivalent to a road map.

As for that C, word… in my case it’s still there…

 

OK, must dash now. Thank you all so much for your very kind and encouraging words about the synopsis I wrote yesterday. With love until later.

 

 

No comments: