translate

Thursday 1 March 2018

DIARY OF THE BEAST THAT BIT MY BUTT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I joke about having to be quiet in my house because with the beast from the East biting our country, my Husband is working from home. But the truth is, firstly, even if I rattle my pans, flush my toilet three times cleaning it, close doors with enthusiasm and Chace my dog around the room with her noisiest toy, it still will be quieter here than in his office! I know because I have been to Hubs office many times when I did my media volunteering and it’s a happy little environment full of friendly conversation and hard work.

 

I am sure he has the best team in his organisation in the UK. I can’t imagine any other team standing together like that lot do and wow, they really have made changes. They get things done and are determined. But fact two, I love the silenceish, I know there is no such word as silenceish, but you know what I mean?

You don’t?

Well, silence by me and the dogs, but Hubs voice is bouncing off the walls as he makes his eighth call of the day and answering his nineteenth call for the past seven hours. But apart from that, I love the calmness and way I can write for hours as how can I do housework when I need to be quiet?

OK, which Bloggett dared to suggest I could iron?

 

Well the snow, oh, my, the wind has come and is like a wild beast for sure and we have Siberia to thank for this, at least they can’t send their bears here on a cloud.

 

I kind of hoped by Saturday our beast would be back in it’s cage but looking at the BBC weather, I’m not sure. My Sons 21st birthday I fear may feature a lot more snow.

 Our big roads are all closed and trains are not running and there are a few flights but not all and the nasty road near our house is silent making it like a ghost town here.

 

Our dogs are not impressed with their toilet situation      

Little Fella thinks it’s no longer a place of doggy doodles, but instead a giant dish of ice-cream and Waggatail fears frosty is coming to bite her butt!

 

My Son got sent home early from work because the situation is too dangerous out there, and what does he do? Drives to meet with Shamrock and shops with her. Seriously.

 

I’m still waiting for this important phone call and if it hasn’t come by tomorrow, I am going to have to take some action as my anxiety levels are increasing.

 

Be safe and keep warm. X

 

No comments: