translate

Friday 9 March 2018

BOY WONDER BACK FROM BUDAPEST BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Well, my baby is home after five long days in Budapest. When he went there I had a romantic view but, on his return, though he loved it, my opinion is different. Talks about the homeless people asking for not just one amount of money but two lots, and again people living on the streets sniffing cans of sprays/glue and mainstreamed shops just reminds me that there aren’t many places in the world one can go, to escape such sightings. Whether it be Paris, London or Washington DC. Prague or Budapest

 

Shamrock said before she left, their hotel was above shops… BW just told me in fact it was a standalone hotel… She also said that there was a pub crawl you paid £8 for and you were taken to 10 pubs. Turned out that you paid £10.00 and you went to three pubs and had only 45 minutes to get through them. The alcohol though sadly was not expensive. I suspect like Prague, people will learn that one day when people get bored with Prague, they will move onto Budapest for the drinking sessions. Again, a sign of the times. Bring back the beautiful architecture and innocence of the cities… Was there ever innocence? No, not in comparison to country life, but still before drink, drugs and other, what was left, but to admire the culture and lifestyles of the locals. Right now, it’s almost home from home. Large shops selling designer clothing etc, bright lights and noise.

 

But he loved his break. And, he made friends with a lot of people. Some locals and some from England. On their last night, they all met up in a group and had a great night out. This worries me, my Son on a great night out… Last time in the Caribbean, he thought people needed cheering up so decided to spray everyone with the fire extinguisher…. And, it cost him a lot of money, so, it should, this time? He liked a T-shirt.

That’s fine, buy it right? No. It wasn’t in a shop. But in a bar.

On a mannequin!!!!

 

Oh, gosh, really?

 

Back to normality. He ate his dinner. Shook his pre-work out, with the lid not on properly… All over my freshly polished table that was polished so much that even I could see my reflection in. hahah. I said Son, you’re spraying everywhere… Oh, sorry Mum he said. The lid needs putting on right… Yep, *Reaching for the cloth*

But, it’s great to have him home. Where I know he’s relatively safe. And, now he’s at the gym. He was home for half an hour to eat his dinner and out already. Hub is in the gym. He’s got a lot on his mind right now and when I felt in the air this year was going to be a biggie, I wasn’t wrong… So, right now there’s stress but I hope for all it can be resumed. But for now, I shall just say, history repeats itself. More on that over the next few weeks.

 

It’s been great having Hub off work this week. I think he has a few days left holiday he may take at Easter. By that point, I hope, he will have been given the chance to put life right for a lot of people. Until then, we carry on.

 

 

No comments: