translate

Wednesday 4 October 2017

THE INDIAN CONVERSATION BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Canada, not sure if a school are looking but I normally receive between three and 12 views per day on my blog page from your wonderful country but the past couple of weeks it’s been up to 97 one day and over 60 on many other days. So, new Bloggets from Canada? Australia too, triple the amount than what I normally receive.  Welcome to you all.

 

Last night Shamrock came around in her new glasses bless her, she has to wear them all the time now. I’m proud of her though because she went out all day and night and kept them on. That’s tough for a young girl.

 

She treat Boy Wonder to a fun day, they went to a zoo. She drove a long way to get them there and afterwards, BW treat her to dinner in our town, then they came back home to get warm as it was freezing out there last night.

 

I lit candles and put the heating on lamps and lemon oil in my burner. I love it when it’s cold outside and my family are all home and safe. The kids had a lovely day though. They are both off today too. It’s a special day today I will tell you all about it tomorrow.

 

Hub off to Scotland this week with his work. In Scotland they have put a ban on fracking. That is the first thing their Government have done that I agree with.

 

Oh, wait until I tell you this. Last night it was just Hub and myself for dinner so I decided I had been working all day needed a break from cooking so I looked up an Indian take away who deliver. We hardly have take away now as I am not too fussed on them around here but yesterday, I was so tired and hungry. I think I would have eaten a scabby lettuce. So, online I found the place, looked at the menu which wasn’t very accessible at all and by the time Hub got home from work, I was not in the best of moods. Let’s say I was tense. So, frustrated by the internet not being useful with my software. I wish there was a law/rule that every website was the same as if some places can be accessible then why not all?

 

Well, I called the restaurant. A man answered, let’s say, I think he was talking to me as I hardly understood him and he obviously didn’t have a clue what I was talking about.

 

After I got through the painful stage of spelling every single letter and saying what words went with the letters, for example Cherry tree avenue, C, for well, cherry? H, for house, E for egg and so on. By the time I said everything and he repeated, I had almost lost the will to carry on. But then he asked for my phone number, oh, boy, em, how does one spell numbers? So, 0. He just didn’t understand zero, or, o, I swear this is true. I spent over twenty minutes on the phone I should have asked if there was anyone else who could take my call, but I have called this place about four times and each time, I get a different person and they are all as bad as each other at grasping the English language. Now don’t get me wrong, my languages of India are far from perfect. In fact, they are none existence, but, I don’t work in India talking with public.

 

So, then I went through what I wanted. Even that was not good. I don’t like the pickle trays so I ask for the onion one only you get three pickle trays one is onion. So, I ask for three onions. Oh, no, that wasn’t going to happen. In the end I gave up and said just bring whatever.

And then, he told me.

“Sorry, you can’t pay over the phone.”” He said in broken English they didn’t have a machine. I said I always pay by machine. He said no. not machine. Not here. I said, well, I have no cash. He replied. Yes, cash. I said I don’t have cash in the house. He replied yes you pay man cash. I said if you don’t have a card machine, I can’t pay. Then I said…. “Me, have no money.”” Ah, he said, sorry, no can do. I said cancel order. He said yes. I put the phone down stormed to the freezer got some junk out and chucked it in the oven. Stuff my ap Tap Tap See to see what food it was, I didn’t care by this point and there is Hub saying is there anything to snack on he was starving. Yes, I wasn’t a cheerful Fifi.

 

After we ate the awful food from the freezer, I felt sick. Nothing on that plate was good for us. Well, one hour and fifty odd minutes, the doorbell rang. I thought I had left the key in it and BW couldn’t get in. But when I went to answer, the key wasn’t in. It was a man. Handing me a bag. He stunk of cigarettes. Who was he? What had I been handed?

Only my Indian take away meal.

I explained that the man said the machine wasn’t working. The nice guy at the door who’s English also wasn’t too good, said, oh it is, but you can pay cash.

I said I don’t have cash this is why I cancelled the order. He said here is the phone you can pay now with your card. I said we have had our dinner. He called the restaurant up and this is how the conversation went.

Mohammed, is it you?””

A voice replied. “Yes, it is me. Who this is?””

“Anil now. I here. Door of””

And then he tried to say my address and the man on the other side of the phone said.

“Who it is?”” Well this conversation went on for a while. I was smiling out of control as the man standing at my door got through eventually to the man, Mohammed, and then Mohammed said.

“Why you there. Who gave you order?””

“You did.””

“Me, no!””

“You only one to do it. Cook no tell orders.””

 

Well, I sent the order back. God knows what happened to it I hope it wasn’t kept for another person wanting the same as us. I’m never ordering from there again. It’s funny actually as the boss of that place is in jail. Long story.

 

In our news, a lovely kind lady saw a man sleeping rough in a cardboard box. She gave him some money and paid for him to stay in a place and fed him homemade meals. Even helping him to get a job. Long story short, he after receiving her kindness, ended up going to her house, and stabbing her and her young 13-year-old son to death. He also stabbed her Husband but he survived. He was in hospital when the poor young sister of the boy and daughter of the parents had to identify her mother and brother.

She was 19 at the time. And there are questions. Should he serve full time? Oh my, such a question. Shouldn’t have an answer other than of course.

  

I have just sat down for the first time in almost six hours. More on that in my next blog. I have a fifteen minute window as they say, hahaha, so I shall chat with you then off again.

 

My friend has been on the phone today but I couldn’t taker her call. I must as I have noticed I have missed a couple from her.

 

I bought some yellow roses today, they have no smell sadly but I think will look lovely. I have put them in the middle of our dining room table with a fresh table cloth. We are having a family meal tonight. Sham and our Son are out now shopping. BW didn’t get up until almost one this afternoon. I was really worried, normally if he sleeps in, occasionally I can hear his bed creak, there was no creaking today. He must have been in the deepest of sleeps.

 

OK, the excitement is building up. I have to go for now. more later but until then, smile and take care. Before I go.

knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

 

With our children, you spend the first two years teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next sixteen years telling them to sit down and shut up.

 

The evening news starts by saying good evening, then proceeds to tell you why it isn’t.

 

 

No comments: