translate

Tuesday 17 October 2017

MOTHERLAND BY FIONA CUMMINGS #PoetryByFionaCummings


MOTHERLAND

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Whilst the winds angrily roar through our land

Nothing could stop her falling, not even a strong hand

The sky was grey

It was like doomsday

She fell revealing her past so old

Laying there helpless but bold

Were her arms so pitiful

What once were beautiful

Now broken

Her long neck choking

From the earth

Where she gave birth

Ripped roots

Looking as if kicked by boots

Feet of the devil’s work

 Those all around her no respect

Forrest fires going berserk

Now it’s time to reflect

Though debris

Is all I see

Where to start

Everything has fallen apart

 Smashed

Trashed

An orange ball of fire in the sky

I have to ask why?

What did she do to deserve this?

As I used to pass

Each day to school

She was there to shade me from the sun

Keeping me cool

She would provide me with shelter from the rain

I hate seeing her like this

As if in so much pain

   She meant so much to me

Now a fallen tree

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: