translate

Monday 9 October 2017

DOCTORS AND THE BUTCHERS BLOCK BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. This morning I called my Doctors surgery. I asked for my tablets that I have been taken for six years now. Firstly, I was told “Because they are not on prescription, you will have to see a Doctor.”” I have had them for six years, but still, OK I will see a Doctor. And I was lucky, because I told the receptionist that I had enough for three days. She said they had a cancelation. So, if I didn’t take this cancelation, I would have to wait until the very end of the month. On the 30th of October before I could see a Doctor. I rushed and went to our Doctors. I sat for only a short time and my name was called out. I was so fed up as it was a nurse, not a Doctor. Well, as I made my way with Waggatail through the labyrinth of chairs, I kind of followed my memory in remembering where the voice came from forty seconds earlier. Just then a voice said hello. I said hello, thanking God I was heading in the right direction. Then another voice said hello. So, I was talking to a nurse that was speaking to another patient. So, not my nurse after all. Where was my nurse? I kept walking and felt Waggas tail go faster as I slightly headed to the right as that is where I remembered the voice came from. Suddenly, the floor changed from a carpet to a hard floor. Heck, was I in a corridor, or a public toilet. I stood still. Smelled the air, not always a pleasant place to take in the fragrances from the people before.

And then I sensed a chair. I can’t even explain that but I am starting to feel hear whatever, things like chairs especially when it’s a hard floor and there is some kind of soft furnishing near me. So, then at last the nurse spoke. I was in her room. Good little Wagga. Imagine if she took me into the room where the lady said hello? And behind me followed the other patient? So, I found the chair, sat down got ready to hear Wagga cry. I am sure she picks up on my nerves. I hate the Doctors, nurses. I love my Doctor, but it wasn’t to be today, I mean, I get told that I had to see a Doctor for my prescription. And then I saw a nurse? Well, as I am telling her my wo’s, she then turns to me and asks what my dog is called. I tell her. She then after I talk some more precedes to tell me her dogs name. and then I ask her for my prescription. She says. “Sorry, I am not able to hand out prescriptions.”” O

K

What am I doing here? She said she could take my blood pressure and check out my heart. My pressure was perfect. My heart? shock horror, it was fine, gosh, I was delighted especially all the pains I have had of late.

 

Then I am ushered out, she was good at that she actually helped. I went to reception. I told the lady that I needed a prescription. Now, this was the lady who I spoke with on the phone, who told me I had to see a Doctor when I said my pills would run out in a few days, she said there was a cancelation to come straight away. Now she is telling me she can’t write a prescription. Me, why? She says because I need to see a Doctor. I said I have just seen the nurse. Yes, but you have to see a Doctor because your tablets are not on repeat script. I said I have had these tablets for six years, you booked me in to see this what I thought was a Doctor as you told me I needed to see one but said you have a cancelation. Well, unfortunately, it has to be a Doctor. So, what am I doing here?

 

Long and short of it, she has to see if a Doctor will write a prescription out. If he or she will, it will be ready to collect on Thursday. And, if not? I have to take a tablet once a day. I have three days left. I have always ordered and collect a couple of days later. And, why would the Doctor want to see me when all he or she would do is do what the nurse has done. Asked me questions took my pressure and checked out my heart. Oh my. So, I shall wait a couple of days, then give them a call to see what the latest is. I had to make an appointment with a Doctor. Again, sadly I can’t see my regular lady who is lovely, so the next time that is available is the 30th of October. It’s three weeks before we can see a GP and not the one I want. This practice is a mess I wish I could manage it.

 

People in the UK can cancel appointments and not get charged. We can see our GP free too. But to do that is such a dreadful procedure. I mean, if we are ill, really ill, then we should be able to see a Doctor within two days. By the time we make an appointment we are better or it’s too late to help. From what I feel we can only have a Doctors appointment if we just need a general check-up. Because waiting three weeks plus is ridiculous. I’m seeing anew Doctor. A man. It’s forty minutes before my dentist appointment for a filling. So all or both, on the same day. What a lovely day that is going to be. At least that week we are travelling with our besties to our favourite retreat. For a couple of nights. My Son will be well on his holiday. My nerves are going to be edgier that week. I wish he was back.

 

On my way back from the Doctors, and thankfully I managed to find the door out as on that one wall is firstly the toilets, on the right on the left are doors to the lift and in the middle, are doors out. So, when I say to Waggatail, find the door after turning in the right direction, she has the choice of three, the last time I entered the toilet thinking a lady was kindly holding the door open for me to go out, when I found out it was the toilet and she was trying to get out, I was mortified. Bless her she was so sweet. But today Waggs found the right door.

 

We passed the post box always a good sign. I know I’m on the right path then. There are two paths that run alongside each other. If I took the wrong one I would be in trouble. So, the only thing that separates it, is the post box, I walk past the box then I am on the right track.

 

As busses fly past me I cross the road then turn a strange angle again and follow the path down the car park. There is a house that runs along that path and the smell in the garden is the best smell I have ever incurred in a garden. It doesn’t matter what month you go along there the sweetest smell is there. What shrub or tree smells 12 months a year? None that I know of I wish the person was in their garden and I would ask them. Mind you, knowing me, I would hear footsteps and say.

“excuse me, can you tell me what that lovely smell is in your garden?”” and they would reply. “Sorry love, I’m the post man.””

 

Get to the end of the path turn to cross the road, thankfully today there wasn’t a huge truck on the path blocking my way, that is rare, there almost always is these days. I went up the ramp passing the chemist. Waggs headed to the door I gave the command not today and passed our local restaurant. Waggs headed to that door and again, Not today Waggatail.

 

Passing the local shop, and the Pizza parlour she tried to head there, oddly enough then we passed the vet, she didn’t offer to go in there. Haha.

 

I decided to walk the long way home and went by the monkeys in the zoo and along the quiet road not that awful noisy way back. I went, that way, as I like to get there fast. But home route was more pleasant. Few cars and the park on my left. Two small roads to cross and the third into our street. The familiar sound of the road a head to let me know where to turn and an electric box, or, a box for electricity makes a buzzing so I know I’m almost ready to turn in to our street. Another small road and ready to find our drive.  I pass the tall wall again the air changes sound so I hear the wall and into our drive. Waggatail gets there with such enthusiasm she is delighted and relieved to have got me home safe.

Oh, and happy to get her biscuit.

 

Bamboozled by the Doctors surgery, not sure what exactly went on, why I needed to see the nurse when still I am waiting for a script, but let’s see at the end of the week if I get my tablets.

 

Dinner was a disaster tonight. I made potato bake. I should have known Boy Wonder hates that. So, he left it and headed to Shamrocks. Hopefully he won’t be eating them out of house and home he embarrasses me how he walks in their house and goes into the freezer and starts to cook food. Gosh I die inside. What a cheek.

 

Hub is just looking on eBay. Now, bear with Bloggets. He’s looking at. (Butchers marble blocks)

Yeah

Em, why? I didn’t ask, but I do wonder. But get this, for an old Victorian block, yep, Victorian, it’s bid up so far to £4,800

Say whaa’aa’aat?

 

Oh, now he is looking at an African themed fire pit. And just before that, a reclaimed sundial.

My Husband intrigues me.

 

Sending three of my Bloggets and friends love today. Wishing them well in their recovery. Louise from South Africa, Donna from America and Allen from India.

OK I shall leave you in peace now. Chat tomorrow? Same place same time?

 

 

 

 

2action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&_rdr

No comments: