translate

Thursday 12 October 2017

DIARY OF DATING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Whilst we are annoyed with our bin men, as for weeks now we have been trying to get rid of loads of cardboard boxes that are too big to put in the stupid small plastic recycling boxes we are given, every week we put the boxes next to the recycling bins, every week they get left so this week, we put the boxes on top of the boxes, and, what did they do? Picked the boxes, which bear in mind were all inside each other up and put them back down next to the plastic boxes which they emptied. So, now, Hub is burning them in our garden, not a safe thing to do but what else are we to do with them?

 

I’m so cold today, I can’t get warm. My fingers are typing only because I can hear every letter I press talking back at me. As I can hardly feel my fingers. They are numb with the cold. May be I should stand next to Hub and the fire?

  

After five days on the treadmill I have put on two and a half pounds. Soul destroying, but to get fitter I shall continue and forget I’m trying to do it to lose weight and think it’s to become more fit. But to say I’m fed up about the weight gain, is an understatement.

 

Still waiting for dog food. We had to buy some dog food yesterday from the local pet shop. (Pets at Home) it’s a great shop as the dog food we use isn’t available everywhere but they had it in. So they didn’t end up getting their chicken and rice, if only they could read my blogs, they would have gone on strike right now, as they would much prefer that.  

 

Subject for today. How people are dating? Meeting each other? A conversation I had with my son the other day. We were talking about my friend’s daughter who is very beautiful. She is such a lovely girl too someone I dreamed of for my Son. An yet, she is trying to meet a guy online. Through a web site called Tinda. So, you see a photograph in your area you like, swipe or whatever the terminology is, and start chatting. Then, meet up. Oh, where is the romance? The excitement of looking across a room and that knee trembling moment as you fall for the good-looking guy over there. It’s so mechanical now.

 

My Son said people get a wider choice. Well, I still don’t get it. Do they go off looks or what they write? Can there be chemistry that way? I can’t see it myself.

 

When I fell in love when I was really young with my very handsome Russian man, it was in a restaurant. My Mum said to me there is a man looking at me, I turned and there he was. I was blown away by his looks, his eyes, his smile, his gorgeous hair. His height everything. I had butterflies with boots. Dancing around in my stomach. I fell deeply in love with him and I would say we dated for two years but I was in love with him until I was well in my twenties. Thanks to the Russian Mafia and KGB, our relationship was killed off but looking back, it was probably for the best as he lived life close to the edge. He himself was a member of the mafia. Not that I knew it until his best friend told me when we did break up. It was a tough time for us both and sadly he turned to drink and I’m sure because of it, he won’t still be alive. But I will never forget the feelings I had for him and we met naturally.

 

So, more choice, well this dating website claim to have

20 billion matches. That must obviously be worldwide, how many in the UK, not sure. I just find it really artificial. I guess in a way it’s like arranged marriages. They seem to work, but, do the couples ever feel as though they are truly happy? And, have they been deprived of the pure magical feelings of falling in love?

 

Everything is at the touch of a screen now days. And that is being removed by talking into a speaker. Alexa I return to. We had a phone call from our besties the other night through a speaker on our drawers. We just tell Alexa to call whoever, in our case Trix and next thing, Trix is there, talking out loud and clear in our room.

 

We laughed so much though because firstly, we sent messages to each other. We spoke and it got sent, now though we talk into our phone in this case, the phone message reads back loads of gobbley gook then our friends messaged back and at their end, their messages read oddly. For example, Hub sent Trix a message saying. “Get you Techy Trix?” and it came across our end on our phone as hahaha. “got you turkey truck!”” that is what it read on our phone but at her end, Hubs voice came over the speaker very clear as if he was standing next to her in the same room. Then we called each other and stood talking through our Alexa Dot. Which is the size of a large can of tuna. Or, half a can of beans. Smile. It’s tiny. To be able to stand peeling potatoes in the kitchen and say to a speaker, call whoever, and it does, then talk with that person is just odd, so, you don’t even need a screen or hands to do that.

 

Hub is cooking today, but I keep going in to see if all is well. It’s weird me not being in there. I feel very redundant in more ways than one right now in life. My Son is a man and doesn’t need me anymore.  

 

There is a village pub near Thirsk on the edge of the North York Moors called “The Black Swan”” That has just won restaurant of the year. World wide. Wow, well done to them. It’s a family owned pub. It is ran by a very young couple of brothers, one only being 28. He was the youngest Michalinstar cheff   four years ago when he first won his award.  For the past two years a restaurant in Spain have been the winners. But this year, one and two are both from England. Third place is France as is forth and fifth is in Spain. Six New York US, and seventh is South Africa. Eighth is Thailand nineth is Peru and tenth is Spain.   

 

Finally, words before I go from the website Goodreads

“Even if you cannot change all the people around you, you can change the people you choose to be around. Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you. Spend your life with people who make you smile, laugh, and feel loved.”

Roy T Bennett

  

 

 

No comments: