translate

Tuesday 17 October 2017

DIARY OF THE BOX BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well the other day, my Husband received a letter asking him to visit our local Specsavers, telling him how important it was to have good eyesight and asking him to go for an eye check-up. Yesterday he received a letter addressed to him to invite him to go to our local garage and buy a new car telling him how good he will feel driving off in a brand-new car and today I received an email asking me to enter a photography competition.

 We are both blind!

 

Some of you keep asking me to publish some of the groups I have been asked to join, but here are some groups on FaceBook I found by just searching, too much time on my hands obviously, I found these so funny.

Been there done that the group.

Well, I know of one person who should run that group, for sure.

 

Old slim worlders new weightwatchers.

What’s that large fuller figured wrinklies?

May be in a couple of years.

New Harrogate grumbler (no little Hitlers)

Well, not sure what to make of that one?

 

Have you heard of Bromance?

It’s when two straight men are so close that there is no time for ladies. Hahaha. Personally, I would call that deciding whether or not.

 

It’s still really windy here my Son has a day off so he has gone to town to buy some clothes for his holiday. I wish I could say he looks happy these days, but sadly he doesn’t. Maybe he is a little anxious for going away. He’s still young, though he has travelled many times abroad and when he went to Japan with Hub when he was fifteen, he went out for a wonderful day with a colleague of Hubs and came back to the hotel on his own. He loved it, I am glad I didn’t know at the time, Hub was in meetings and he thought our Son would be bored, so he arranged for him to tour the temples and other places of interest. He loved Japan and since then he has been abroad with friends and us, also with his girlfriend. So, it’s not his first time abroad, Shamrock is totally excited about going. I think for my boy, it’s not cultural enough where he is going. It’s more of a relaxing place. He likes architecture rather than beaches.

 

Not long now before Hub and I are off for a couple of nights with our friends. We are staying in a lovely cottage in the grounds of a perfect place that is very close to our hearts. It was where Hub and I went to start our honeymoon. It hopefully will be a lovely break, as it’s needed. We work all the time so just to get away will be so good. The air, that is what I need, as here it’s so bad the quality even of the water is so nasty. I shouldn’t complain, as more than enough countries have water that isn’t fit to drink. At least our water at home is. It’s just awful compared to what I am used to where I came from in my beautiful Northumberland. My Husband wants so badly to move back there. I love the people here where I live now. But, who knows our future.

 

So, I ordered a huge box, well I say huge, 105 cm long about 4 and a half feet long, and a couple of feet tall. Thing is, it’s flat pack. It’s for outside for our dog stuff to go in. Like brushes and other grooming things and the things to clean the dog run. I thought I could fit it but now it’s out of the box, I’m scared to as once you clip the parts into place, they are stuck and un stuckable. So now I have six bits all over my lounge floor. I won’t give up, but last time we bought what they call a barrier for our dogs to prevent them from going up stairs, it went in the bin and it wasn’t cheap. Hub lost his rag with it and smashed it up before I could get chance to look at it. It was £30 same as this box. I don’t want to loss £60 because our stupid eyes don’t work. Nothing these days makes sense. There’s nothing logic now. Years ago, things were self-explanatory, now it’s as if let’s make this as difficult as possible.  You could buy the ready-made version, but it was £80

 

I’m delighted to have read an email from my friend in South Africa, she is a much loved Blogget of mine too. I love her to bits, I have been so worried about her but after three weeks, she is now better. I wait like a dog waiting for a walk or treat and a child waiting for the sweet shop to open. For her emails. Today her letter was the highlight of my day, week, month.

 

I just have one more friend now to keep praying for.

 

I have written my list for Christmas for what I would like from Hub and here are a few of those things. Anything Laura Ashley and anything  Oscar de la renta volupte body lotion and perfume in same make would be great. I’m easy to buy for, Hub? Nope.

 

OK must dash for now, I shall await your emails and messages in other formats. I have been sent some ideas for future blogs, thank you for those. X

 

 

 

No comments: