translate

Saturday 7 October 2017

DIARY OF ALEXA AND THE DROP IN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Reading the mail today with the help of our ap on our iPhone. KNFB reader, eventually after all the codes, dashes, dots, ; and:’s, we were able to hear what our letters said. One has to have a good imagination to understand our mail but without KNFB reader, we wouldn’t have a chance at all to be able to read mail.

 The letter reads. Bear in mind the above dashes and so on are in between a lot of the words, but I shall remove them for you to understand. “Do you care for your family? I’m sure you do, we all need to know our children are wrapped up all warm and cosy for our winter a head. All safe and dry.

So, why not think about how they may or may not cope when you are no longer around? Take out this insurance to make sure they will be warm every winter.””

 

What a cheerful start to the day? I have never heard anything like that letter though, have you? “Keep them all wrapped up nice and warm for the winters a head?” haha. So, we tell our Son. Don’t worry love when we die, you will be always kept warm thanks to our £6 per week.””

 

Before the ritual of the letter reading, both Hub and I got on the scales. Oh. Boy. Not a good sound. Our scales talk. So, we do it when BW isn’t home or he would go mad with us. Hahahaha. Never mind, if we pop our clogs, he will be kept warm.

 

So, I’m not far off my record all breaking all bouncing, all bursting numbers on the scales of highest weight in the history of fat Fifi’s flab, and Hub is 8lbs off his too. Today we have to go back into that cold dirty garage and fill our lungs with dust, well, at least move faster than we do around the house. It’s so blooming boring though, nothing to look at it’s bad when we walk in the countryside, but at least we hear the birds and feel fresh air. In our garage? If I take music in there, it helps, but, I am a firm believer that the mind helps hugely with weight loss. If I am playing my music, then my mind isn’t thinking about losing weight, is it? But something has to be done.

 

Hub is taking the week off work for a well-earned wrest. That will be nice to have his company this week. We will take the dogs out working and that will get us walking every day this week even if it rains. We have to get a grip of our health. I’m ma hoosive.

 

Our dogs are going out soon with June our lovely volunteer walker. She takes them on a huge field a couple of miles away that is dedicated for dogs only. Sadly, it’s not nice weather. But I don’t think they will mind and as for June, when I have tried to get her not to take the dogs out before if it has been raining, she just says. I have waterproof clothing on.

 

I had the exciting task today of cleaning out our shoe cupboard. Whoopy doo. On our Sons shelf, were a pair of boots, two pairs of trainers, a pair of dress shoes and a pair of casual shoes. Fine, all good so far. Then, part of his uniform, two pairs of socks, worn, one odd sock, and the other one?

 A letter, an ice scraper for his car and a pack of chewing gum. Nice.

 

So, summer shoes put away from our shelves. Still missing the cow bell. I wonder how many of you will remember my cow bell story? Haha.

 

OK, I have touched on the new Alexa drop in. Where you can be on a train, like Hub was a few days ago. It’s half seven in the morning. I’m in bed suddenly something makes me jump. Hubs voice saying hello. Coming through our Alexa dot. You can call people using Alexa, fine, but to drop in? I didn’t have to except his call, he was just there. Now it’s great if you are at work and you need to say hello to your dog or if you have a child, grown up child, who won’t answer his, oh, sorry there, phone, and you can just drop in and tell them to lock the blooming door or turn off the lights, or ask if they remembered to turn off the bath….Who said I’m talking of past present experience? Me? My Son? Leaving lights on, baths running, going to bed with the front door unlocked?

Noo’oo’oo’ooooooo, he wouldn’t do that! ! !

But if you have a youngish one at home you can drop in and speak with them. But, I really don’t like it. It’s too big brother for me. Imagine if you suspect your partner having an affair and you just drop in the bedroom? Oh, gosh, I can see trouble a head in the Alexa world.  My husband thinks it’s hilarious. I’m so not laughing.

 

Hub called our bestie up to chat tech, as they are both so into it. Our pal Like told Hub that he has set Alexa up with Sonos. So, Hub had a go at doing it, and I love that. I can now tell her to play what kind of music I want in what room. I really think that is great. Until my Husband decides to play heavy trash when I am trying to write, as he has just done, seriously, my lap top software speaks as I type a letter, he is upstairs and his blooming hearing is so good, he heard me writing about the above subject and has just spoke to Alexa upstairs telling it,  to play that dreadful noise, not music, in my sitting room. Not impressed dot com.

 

Just heard before an incident in London, looks like evil has struck again. I’m sickened by these wicket people.

 

Before I go, some words.

“I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.”

Charles Dickens

 

“Satan is now among us it’s up to us to conquer and put him back in his place!””

Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: