translate

Wednesday 11 October 2017

DIARY AND A COFFEE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 

Good morning Bloggets. Waiting in for dog food praying it comes today. Tonight, is their last meal, so, the last supper. Or, a trip to our shop for chicken and rice. I think our dogs will be hoping the food won’t come. Licking lips, lapping their lunch loving life. haha.

 

It’s the first time we have collectively let the dog food run this low in forever of owning a dog. I ordered the food at 9 in the morning on Monday. They say three to five working days, so Thursday may be their chicken night as by Friday they will have their food. Never ever have we done this before. I thought, in fact I was sure that we had a brand-new box in our garage. Hub says no. Still, I’m going to look later, as I am positive we have. Or, the food has shrunk in bags we get as the last time I ordered the food, wasn’t, eight weeks ago. I ordered two bags and each bag always lasts us four weeks. So, eight. No way it’s been that long since I last ordered.

 

In my days of pure boredom, I used to write down every time I ordered but now, somehow, I have other things to do in life. nothing like wing walking or paragliding, but well, other things.

 

Poor Shamrock came around last night she can hardly walk. She has really hurt her back and in her job, she has to lift people sometimes heavy well always taller than her as she is only 5 feet not so tall, and I think she has a weak back to start with as when she was only seventeen, she had a bad back then too. I did feel for her as she was rather frustrated as could hardly move and typically she said she had dropped a couple of things and not been able to pick them up. She is off work and may be next week too. I hope not for her sake.

 

Hub just handed me tickets to go to Northumberland. We are going with our besties. It will be when our Son is on holiday, it will help to take my mind off his journey. He will be away for fifteen days. It’s the longest he and I have ever been apart. I will miss him dreadfully. I will worry about him more.

 

In a few days we are off to our theatre. It’s the first time we have been to this one our normal one is so handy we can find it with ease. This one, we have never been to before so we are going to cheat and take a taxi. We may get the bus back. Waggs will have to stay at home. She will be on her own about three hours, that’s fine. LF will be coming with us.

 

I will tell you all about the show when I return. It’s an audio described show so, I can’t wait. Sitting in the theatre or cinema hearing words but seeing nothing is rather depressing, but now thanks to audio in both our Cinema and theatre is fantastic. Most movies are audio’d in the UK but only once a week we can get audio in our theatre. So, we have to go on that day, but the people who do this job do it with love. To know what colour, dress a lady is wearing or funny costume the man has on or what he looks like, and expressions on people’s faces, I miss that so much. Whenever I’m watching TV, it’s expressions I used to love to watch people’s reactions they can say so much more than words. We are fortunate that we do have a lot of programs in the UK that are audio’d. I think American people will be getting more of it as I have noticed that we are getting a few programs that are now being described by American Narrators of late. I must say, they are brilliant at it, Hub wondered if they are being trained here before they start in America.

 

My Husband worked some time ago in America demonstrating audio and the people were amazed by it at the conference but it’s taking a while to get there. My American friends say they do have some programs that are with audio description, but hopefully more are on their way. What a difference it makes.  

 

We still obviously don’t see anything and if we think about that too much it can get very depressing but once you have trained your mind to just listen to the words of the narrator, remove from your mind that there is no picture, then somehow you find yourself in a better place.

 

It’s in our news today about the ten happiest places to live in the UK. Most of them are towns with spa’s. We have the Romans to thank for those as they liked to bathe in them and drink the water. I think the word Spa comes from a Belgian town with the same name. My Bloggets from Belgium will be able to tell me if I’m wrong. I believe the first drinking medicinal waters spa to open in England was in Harrogate   

 

Now just before I go, if you are sipping on a cup of coffee right now, a fact. In the UK, we use per year,

2.5 billion coffee cups.

Costa Coffee are trying to collect cups from rival shops to recycle them as much as they can as only some makes of cups can be recycled. Very responsible Costa, even more so is in India. Get this for a brilliant idea.

 Cup club is where in India you buy a cup they have your card details. You go to your coffee shop, drink your choice of beverage, then take your cup to a drop off point they will make sure your cup is treat/cleaned. The cup has a tag on with your mobile number on they will text you if you don’t hand your cup in. I would guess you would pay a lot for the cup and get most of it back if you hand it in? Again, if I’m wrong Bloggets from India, please tell. Just a story I was reading today.

 

On that note I shall go to make a coffee. Our cups will be recycled, for sure. Smile, in our dish washer.

 

Later with love.

  

 

  

No comments: