translate

Thursday 5 October 2017

BIRTHDAY AND THE SOCK BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Hub up with the birds today off to Scotland. Working of course, not pleasure. Our Son off to work at a normal time and me, well as always, I popped to the shops today it was a beautiful fresh morning. Waggatail was a great guide and got her reward when she returned. A large dog biscuit. You have no idea how she is getting back home. It’s really funny. I tell her when I have reached my last destination and completed my mission, haha, to go home and get a biscuit. Suddenly slow walking little Wagging one finds her legs. Her whole back end wags all the way and her solid little tail beats a drum against the wind. She wiggles winding her way home.

 

Waggatail gets in the house and goes straight to the cupboard where all our dog’s things are. I can’t believe that we have a full cupboard just for our dogs. And, that’s not including what we have in our outside box. She knows that is where I get her treat from. Then, she is ready for more, she wants to go out again and I can’t work out whether it’s because she is bored in the house, or, she wants to work again because she loves it, or, and I have a feeling that it could be this one, just an inkling. She wants to get to a place, so she can come back home and get another biscuit. Hmm. One thinks it could be that one, but after a five minute cry, then an over  ten minute protest she didn’t get back out, she then collects every toy that has been left out and dives on them all scattering them all over the place. She goes to her bed and sleeps as if she has done a full day’s work in London. Trains, tubes and busses. Busy roads vast buildings and so many people to avoid. Well, no not quite Waggs, but the way she sleeps, is as if she has done all of that.

 

The little Fella has had an obsession with one of Boy Wonders socks. Only the one. Firstly, BW naughtily took LF upstairs in his room. He let him down after a while and only apparently because BW herd Wagga crying at the bottom of the stairs, because my, dog, is a clever girl and knows she isn’t allowed upstairs…  unlike Hubs naughty little Fella. Smile. Well, after a few moments BW felt guilty and came down to see and make a fuss of Waggs. Only to see LF in his bed with a smile only he can do. There is no smile like it. Close inspection, BW noticed that LF had something in his mouth and on demand, LF gave BW his white sports sock.

 

The next day when BW came home, he found LF with the same sock. I said you shouldn’t put it on the floor, put it in your washing basket. He said he had, so out of all the socks in there, it was the same sock? Well a couple of hours later the same sock was retrieved again but this time only half.

Where was the other half?

Oh, no, and I’m on doggy doodle day tomorrow. That was my thought, well that was yesterday and the dog run has been cleaned but I didn’t find a sock.

 

Talking of yesterday, well we had a lovely time. It was my loves birthday. Shamrock and Boy Wonder went shopping for his gift and cards. That’s my boy, last minute Charlie.

 

I started cooking and preparing food from 10 in the morning and didn’t finish until five in the afternoon with a half hour break. Gosh we had a feast and it was great to see Sham and BW enjoy their little party. Hub came in from work and we all sang happy birthday to him. It was so cute. I played Stevie Wonders Happy Birthday haha. A cringing moment for Hub. We ate laughed and lived through yet another year of my Hubs life. he is now 49 the old so and so. Smile.

 

I made curried eggs. I boil large eggs, free range of course. They have to be large. When cold, half them and remove the yolk. Put the yolks in a dish add mayonnaise and a small amount of curry powder.  Mix all together and refill the eggs. I made battered onion rings, small pastry parcels with ricotta cheese spinach and sundry tomatoes. I bought frozen mini Pizzas to cook and bought some spicy crackers and lots of different kinds of crisps/potato chips. I made egg mayo sandwiches and tuna rolls. I did cheese and tomato bread rolls and cheese savoury sandwiches which were grated cheese, onion, pepper mixed together. I think to Shams shock, there was no meat on the table which is unusual for me as I normally try to cater for meat eaters. If Boy Wonder wasn’t’ dating Sham, I am sure he would be a vegetarian again, this morning he threw away his bacon sandwich for breakfast, saying he couldn’t eat it for the animals.  He was a strong vegetarian for most of his childhood, his choice, but started to eat meat when he was 13/14. Again, sadly his choice. But since then he hasn’t really been a red meat eater. I pray one day he will really care for those animals again and go back to being the wonderful vegetarian he was. But as long as he is with Shamrock, that won’t be happening.

 

I made some chocolate crispies and bought fairy cakes and small shortbread biscuits. Hubs birthday cake was coffee and walnut. It’s his favourite. Oh, and there were warm cinnamon mini rolls too with marzipan inside. They are delicious. We were all very full at the end of our tea party. We had cups of tea and a glass of Prosecco. I put a vase of yellow roses on the table and a nice table cloth. We used a two teared cake plate for the cakes and for the first time I used a very nice cake slice that I always kept in a box in a cupboard, but I am at the mature age now where I am going to use my nice things. Our wills are written and BW is not going to appreciate crockery.

 

Sham was so kind to Hub yesterday. She bought him a lovely gift and card. Boy Wonder is so special on birthdays, he is so kind and sweet. He bought his Dad a lovely gift and card and he thought about it too as it was tactile and had in large writing that was embossed Dad.

 

Shamrock is so alive and talkative. It was so nice to have them with us and our tiny family were complete.

 

Hub phoned our friend Vivi to say thank you for her gifts. She buys him posh coffee he loves it. A dress shirt for work and a bumper pack of socks. Beautiful clothes from Boy Wonder and Shamrock and I bought him a new posh electric toothbrush. I say posh, because only after buying it, I realised how much the blooming heads were for it. Oh my, for four of them. £25 that is shocking, right? So, you know I looked at lots of toothbrushes and I picked this one because it was one of many that didn’t say you can download the ap on your iPhone to use with your toothbrush, I mean, some were saying you can look at the graph on your phone and it will tell you when it’s time to stop brushing and when it’s time to change your heads on your brush, really? As if we can’t tell that. Also, it was all visual and this one vibrates every thirty seconds. It’s a sonic toothbrush whatever that means. Also, I got him some earphones he has been asking for for years. And, we are off to the theatre it’s a west end production I am looking forward to that the only thing is, it’s the same day as my brother and sister in law are coming through. But they said they had something to do in the afternoon, so they are coming in the morning, I hope it will be enough time I’m sure it will be OK. I’m looking forward to the production but at the same time anxious as it’s a theatre we haven’t been to before. Our Little Fella will be coming too. He has been to the theatre with us before and he has been great. The production is audio described oh wow, that is so good. We wear earphones and a live person narrator, just speaks when there are gaps in the show, before the performance we are told of the stage setting and what the characters would or will be wearing. I have only been to one of these kind of shows and I was so tearful just how much we miss as blind people and what a huge difference these kind people make to our lives. I’m super excited as is Hub.

 

He said last night that his birthday was perfect he had everyone he wanted there, and that was only us, but he was happy and that made me happy.

 

Our friend Tracey send a lovely message too. I was touched by her words. Next year will be his big 5 0. Gosh, we are getting old. My mind doesn’t feel my age. My body doesn’t either. My mind, feels about thirty. My body? Eighty. Seriously. I’m not joking. It’s worrying.

 

OK, my next blog, something that has really blown me away today, and I’m not talking about the wind outside. Something that totally shocked me. Coming up.

 

 

 

No comments: