translate

Friday 13 October 2017

£1 DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good evening Bloggets. It’s so cool here, as in cold, not trendy. Though the sun has had his hat on, I’m cold to the bone. Hub and I have been trying to cut our rose bushes down in our front garden. My hands are cut to bits, but it’s done now. we pulled and cut loads of ivy down too. It’s forecast to get very hot at the weekend. This is odd for October.

 

Shamrock came around I thought it was BW as he was due in from work, but I learned he went to the gym after work. So, Sham came in and gave me a very thoughtful gift. She had been out with her family and bought me an elephant with a candle holder and candle on it’s back. I say it, but she is a girl, as she is pink and sparkly. How sweet of her was that.

 

BW came in from work, ate his dinner he bought from a health food place and showered and went off to Shams house. I have had my twenty minutes today seeing him, I guess that is it until tomorrow about the same time. For the same time, or less.

 

We are about to get ready to go out to the pub quiz with our friends. See how badly we do this week. Did I tell you the same people win every week? And the same people come in the bottom three, three weeks out of four. And we are among them.

 

We pay a pound each for the quiz and the money raised goes to the winners. Sometimes there is a booby prize if there are a lot of players. We have never won that, but there is time.

 

It’s quite funny as every week each team are asked what score they got. At eh end of the questions, we have to swap papers and mark our neighbouring tables questions.

 

The questions are so very difficult. Hub and I are good at music but the music questions that are asked there, are nothing that we would know. Really obscure questions.

 

The lady with the pen, our friend Bee, is great she knows so much, me, I answer a handful. The questions are just weird. I love it though, I laugh when we can’t answer the questions. Hub gets annoyed with himself. Bee has to have an answer in the box even if it’s not right and her Husband Jaygo, is there for the beer, but he does answer the obscure questions. Together we are a fun team as Hub always gets the anagrams which of course are visual and I think blows our friends minds how he does them and I answer some of the picture questions that Bee describes to me.

 

We have supper there too though basic, it’s a nice tradition. One night we may have a chip butty. (Chip/potato fries sandwich) next week we may have Pizza, as in a slice and another week there are hot dogs, that is the week I can’t have anything as obviously it’s meat. One week they served mini Kiev’s like tiny ball shapes. Packet or two of salted peanuts from the bar work for me on those weeks.

 

Normally Sham and our Son stay here at home on the night we are out, you know what they say, when the cat’s away, the mice shall play? Well, not since we have installed drop in on our Alexa, hahaha. Seriously, as if we could be bothered to listen in to them, I can’t think of anything I would rather not do whilst at the pub quiz. I still don’t like that drop-in thing in fact I dislike it immensely.

 

In our news today 25% of people in our prison in the UK have been   in care at some point as a child

90 children per day are put into care. The prison stats didn’t surprise me but the 90 children per day really has bothered me. So sad.

In the US, a man found a lottery ticket in an old shirt for 24 million Dollars. Just in the nick of time.

Those of you who have £1 coins in your coat pockets and bags, get rid of them tomorrow, check out the change you get as from Sunday the old English one-pound coin won’t be legal.

 

Well, whatever you are doing, wherever you are, take care coz I care.

 

  

 

  

No comments: